Hilton Garden Inn - Manchester, NH

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Ktremor, Jun 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Stayed at this property while visiting friends and family in the area:

Location: The location is a minor league baseball's dream hotel as the hotel is situated along the center field wall of the baseball stadium for the Double AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats. The location is near downtown Manchester right off of I-293.

Parking: Parking lot is controlled on baseball game nights so that non-guest park in the lot. There is an employee at the entrance with a guest list.

Check-in: Check in was quick and pleasant. We were given two bottle of water at check in and given my breakfast certs for the morning for being a gold. I usually take the points, but I was with my wife who like a good breakfast.

Room: We were staying on an award stay and the hotel was full, so I got a room on the first floor overlooking the hot tub. We could not see the baseball field from our room as the field was blocked by the large centerfield advertisements. You can pay more for guaranteed baseball field views.
    The room was clean and modern with clean bathroom, flat screen TV, and comfortable beds.

Bar: The patio bar is right over the center field wall and gives you a great view of the game. My wife and I sat out on bar stools and watched the last half of the game and the post game fireworks they have most weekend nights. Prices were reasonable and if you spend more than $25 you get an extra 500 HHonors points.

Pool/Gym: The pool is very small and pretty much an oversized kiddie pool. The hot tub is outside and is great place to watch the fireworks. The gym is an average size for this size hotel.

Breakfast: Breakfast is a buffet/cook to order style similar to what you find at an Embassy Suites. They had a selection of bacon, french toast, potatoes, fruits, and yogurts in the buffet. You could then order omlettes, pancakes, eggs, and waffles through the wait staff that are made by the cooks. The food was very good and the price is around $11 if you do not have the free breakfast certs.

Overall: We had a good experience at this Hilton Garden Inn and feel that it is a good place to spend the weekend in Manchester. If you are a baseball fan, what not better than waking up overlooking the baseball field.
    mht_flyer likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Manchester. :)

When business (or friends) come to town I always try to have them stay at the HGI.

The view of the baseball field is very cool.