Hilton Garden Inn Facebook contest - If I win, you could too!

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by snap, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. snap
    Original Member

snap Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the spirit of contest-runners Randy, Canarsie and the HansGolden & travelkid team...

Hilton Garden Inn has a Facebook contest "Life's Ultimate To-Do List" till next Friday, September 2nd.

Ten winners will be chosen September 12th based on creativity, originality, appropriateness to theme and geographical proximity to a HGI, NOT number of votes. But surely the number of "+1"s couldn't hurt, right?!

The (10) prizes consist of air + 2 nights at Hilton Garden Inn + $2,000.

"Like" Hilton Garden Inn's page, then find my entries:
    #1594: Balloon Fiesta - Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Find it by clicking "Southwest US" in the drop down menu, currently 2nd from the top
    #1651: Namaste - Panchakarma and Mehndi in India
    Find it by clicking "India" in the drop down menu, currently 4th from the top

(You can then "Unlike" HGI. I'm guessing your votes will stick, but you can wait till next Friday. YMMV.)

If I win, I will choose one person to go with me. If you have no desire to attend the world's largest hot air balloon festival / buzz around Delhi for two days, then I thank you for at least casting your "thumbs up".

If you would like to be considered and can fly ex-California, vote for both of my entries and answer the following questions:
    1. Why do you want to go to the Fiesta / India?
    2. Would you hold my hand on the hot air balloon ride / purge along with me?
    3. Are you a DYKWIA?
    4. Do you know what Kiva is?

I'll book an extra hotel room [within reason] and feed you. Whatever is leftover from the $2,000 prize will be funneled into Milepoint's Kiva group. So, no Hyatts or suites at the Taj. ;)

While you're casting votes for me, please take the time to find another Milepointer,
    Joseph M
    Southwest US #862 "World Series of Poker Main Event" and
    Pacific #1588 "Experience the 255-foot opening drop of the Goliath Roller Coaster".

Thank you!

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. Why do you want to go to the Fiesta / India?
    I'm a photographer too and such a gorgeous sight as hundreds of hot air balloons make me quite excited as well. India is one of my favorite countries and I would absolutely love to return.
    2. Would you hold my hand on the hot air balloon ride / purge along with me?
    Yes to #1. I think so to #2, but I might have to check in on those gory details first.
    3. Are you a DYKWIA?
    I'm only a subtle DYKWIA. I never come out and say it, I just politely ask if in light of xxxxx if I could have xxxxxx.
    4. Do you know what Kiva is?
    Of course! See Avatar. ;)

snap likes this.
  3. travelkid

travelkid Silver Member

Status Points:
    Liked!
    1. Because India is the mosts important of the countries I have not visited (of almost 100).
    2. Definately;-)
    3. In this cas I just have to say DYKWIA:cool:
    4. Im more into karma...

snap likes this.
  4. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Liked :)

1. Because I find you irresistible and would go with you to the most remote corner of the earth
    2. See #1
    3. if you knew who I am, you wouldn't have to ask
    4. I do know Kiva!

snap likes this.
  5. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Liked!
    1. Why do you want to go to the Fiesta / India? I love heights and I love the beauty and culture of India.
    2. Would you hold my hand on the hot air balloon ride / purge along with me? Yes! Again, I love heights and have no fear of them so I'd be the perfect person to cling to. :)
    3. Are you a DYKWIA? Do you know who I am? Because I'm still trying to answer that question myself. :p
    4. Do you know what Kiva is? Yep and I'm proud to be a member of the MP team.

snap likes this.
  6. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Liked and voted for you!
    Questions:
    1. Why do you want to go to the Fiesta / India? India is also high on my list of places to visit. I could definitely use some Pancha Karma treatment!
    2. Would you hold my hand on the hot air balloon ride / purge along with me? Indeed I would.... although I suspect you don't really need much hand holding ;)
    3. Are you a DYKWIA? You already know who I am.....and I know who you are too.
    4. Do you know what Kiva is? Yes, member and proud 'loaner.'

snap likes this.