Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston (Evanston, IL) reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a nice three-night stay here over New Year’s last year. Attributes I liked about the hotel included:

• Recognition of status: At the time, I was a Gold member. In addition to breakfast coupons, we were given several packs of Oreos as well as coupons for four soft drinks when we checked in as a sort of welcome amenity.
    • Friendly staff: Waitresses and cooks on the breakfast team, the front desk clerks, housekeepers, and the GM were all friendly and responsive. I had a concern about the hotel’s fire preparedness, since the elevators were not locked down after the fire alarm went off and the fire department came, and the GM responded to me promptly and said he would be implementing a change.
    • Close to train (CTA) stations: There’s a train station three blocks away and another bigger one 5-6 blocks away.
    • Proximity to restaurants and shops: Within the block, there are a number of restaurants and shops, and this would make it very easy to get non-hotel food at the end of a work day.

uggboy likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed there -- I would characterize it as a typical HGI.

Though I can't explain why some one would want to see the New Year in in Evanston !

You can't go sking, can't go for a swim in the lake etc.

<lol>

Bob H

uggboy likes this.
  3. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say it was a tick better than the average HGI, at least the average one in New England where I feel like I've hit at least 50% of them at this point, but I'd agree it's fairly average. The staff and proximity to other things is, I think, what left a favorable impression with me.

uggboy likes this.