Master Thread Hilton Frankfurt Airport | Germany

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by servus, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is scheduled to join the Hilton family on Septemper 1st, 2011.

Untill then, I'll work on some inside news. So make sure to check back!

uggboy likes this.
  2. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delayed, yet again. :( Website currently says that reservations are being accepted for stays from June 2012.

How's that inside news coming along, servus? ;)

uggboy likes this.
  3. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    I booked a room for one night using 40.000 points in mid-April 2012 right on the Hilton web site.
    After doing so and getting my confirmation number, looking at the site, it states the Hilton Frankfurt Airport accepts reservation starting May 1rst 2012...
    What should I think and do considering I was able to book a room?

uggboy likes this.
  4. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get in touch with Hilton reservations and check with them. Most likely, you’ll have to keep on top of this because opening dates shift all the time on new constructions.

uggboy likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    January 2013 trip report:

Checkin- Very effecient and well handled. No dedicated H-Honors checkin however the queue was just one person in front of me and there were 3 people working.

Room- Small but nicely appointed. The room was too hot when I arrived and fortunately the temperature controls work well. The sink in the bathroom is easy to splash water on yourself- a design element which didn't work out too well. Definitely the rooms here are nicer than the nearby Sheraton.

Internet- iBahn. I really don't like this provider- why a brand new hotel would choose this is beyond me. The only "fail point" of this brand new hotel.

Restaurant- Service a bit slow however very professional. I had breakfast and lunch here- good quality food. There are several options in the nearby "Squaire" office complex if you want something different. Immediately at the bottom of the escalator on your left (across from the Starbucks) there is a place with very reasonably priced food and good quality meat.

Bar Service- Not too bad- the beer was warm on the first round however they quickly replaced it with cold beer.

Meetings- Good option for meetings at FRA. We used the small meeting rooms down the stairs on the right when you enter (behind the business centre). No complaints. Good room- Good service and no issues. Here I rate this hotel very highly compared to the other options at FRA.

If only this hotel could get rid of the very expensive and difficult to login with iBahn it would rate a 10/10.

Nice to have a new high quality option at FRA.

uggboy likes this.
  6. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd agree with that and echo your summary: definitely nicer than the Sheraton. Also significantly more pleasant than its immediate neighbour, based on one stay at the FRA Hilton and three at the FRA HGI.

One thing you didn't mention is the lounge, which we thought was very good. Perfect for a light supper and evening drink and/or an early morning coffee and a quick bite to provide enough sustenance to get you through the always delightful FRA security. (For anyone who's seriously hungry there's a Paulaner in the Squaire...)

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had booked a meeting at the hotel and thus there was not lounge access in the package we chose for all of our delegates.