Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Jan. 15, 2011

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Mapsmith, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Booked the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina as a pre-cruise Hotel because the Hampton FLL Airport was sold out. I figured that as a Diamond (in my last Month) that at least I would get a decent room and maybe a little special treatment.

Arrived at the hotel at about 6PM. No Diamond or even HHonors Line. Waited about 10 minutes for a check-in clerk. Assigned a room on a higher floor. Asked about upgrades, or Breakfast, or whatever. All she would give was an additional 1000 points. And Free Internet. (In retrospect, I should have probably added the $0 charge Nor-1 upgrade during booking.)

Got to the room. Had a decent view of the Intracoastal Waterway and had the two Doubles that I had requested. But there were some problems. First was no remote for the TV. Call to the Desk solved that. No washcloths. another call. Parking was $11.95 for Self-Park and $19 for Valet. We were meeting a cousin for dinner, so the $11.95 for self-park for him for an hour was kinda ridiculous. So we met him on the street. The H Marina needs to have a "Cell Phone" waiting area. In the morning, the Rain Shower was interesting once I understood how it worked. My wife did not like it since it comes from the ceiling and immediately drenches your hair, and she does not wash her hair each day. I told the desk that they need to put instructions on how the shower works near the shower so that people don't get drenched first thing in the morning.

It was a decent stay, but the lack of Diamond Recognition (no upgrade, no Breakfast, no Lounge, etc) was a little disheartening. I now have a property that I probably will not stay at next time I am in Fort Lauderdale and will probably return to either the Sheraton Airport or the Airport Hampton.

Tenmoc likes this.
  2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was there a restaurant? Free breakfast is a Diamond and Gold benefit, if there was a restaurant I would have made a fuss.

3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, there was a restaurant, sort of. They said that there was a Continental Breakfast available for Diamonds. Basically Donuts and Juice. Since I was getting on a cruise ship the next morning, I opted for 1000 points instead. To "upgrade" to a full Breakfast would have been an additional $11 per person.

So, like I said, I will probably go back to the Hampton next time. Even if I have to resort to a Diamond Force.