Hilton Family Rate

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by adrianors, Jan 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    So.. That's what happens when you have insomnia.. I am probably not going to do that.. but it should give whoever books that rate a deep discount at Hilton hotels. First, go to http://www.hilton.com/itp Second, say you are an employee anywhere in US. (Morning correction here: If you are friends with someone that works for Hilton, ask him if its ok for you to book at this rate. IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYONE YOU ARE DOING THAT AT YOUR OWN RISK). Third, Select Hilton Family. Choose city, hotel etc.. Fourth, Book and you should be good to go. Fifth, let us know if it worked or not for you. Its not eligible for points or considered a qualifying stay, but it will save you money. Based on the Eligibility (below), it looks like it would work similarly to MVP or Team USA rates.. the only thing is that you would have to fill a little more information to get that discounted rate. For me, I like the perks and I am not looking to do that.. but it may be handy for some. For simple comparison, I am staying tomorrow at a Hilton for 84/night (Team USA), and that rate would be 74/night. Eligibility: Only team members of Hilton Worldwide, its subsidiaries, and owned, managed or franchised hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands are eligible for this benefit. Hilton International employees are not eligible for the Team Member Rate in the Team Member Travel Program. Team Members may enjoy this benefit for leisure travel only. The benefit does not apply when traveling on business. Team member must be present at Check-in to use the Team Member Travel Program. Team members are not required to be present at check-in to use the Hilton Family Travel Program. View full terms and conditions.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    Kalboz likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    In other words, be a liar and cheat and commit a potentially illegal act for a few bucks?

adrianors and Newscience like this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Potentially ? In most states there are still laws involving something called "defrauding an inn keeper."

DTWBOB

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    adrianors, NYCUA1K and Newscience like this.
  4. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    No Thanks. Don't need to defraud a hotel for a few bucks.

adrianors likes this.
  5. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never said it was a good idea.. but isn't that somehow what people do when book MVP or Team USA not being actually "fit" to that rate? Everybody comes with the excuse, "oh I know someone from Team USA, I am their friend, so, technicaly, I am entitled too". For Team USA I am friends with two Olympic coaches and a couple sailors.. I unfortunately never qualified.. But anyway, I am never going to use what I said up there because I don't think is right or worth the risk for so little, but yesterday I was trying to figure out if Points + Money was going to be considered an eligible stay and reading the exclusions found that rate (at first I thought it was MVP).. Then ended up doing some more research and found that "flaw in the system". But lets say you have a friend that works for Hilton, and you don't care about perks or anything, just about the money, you can definitely ask him to book you at this rate at no cost for him. Or if he says its ok you can go ahead and book yourself, since they ask for no credentials in the whole process. That could be the right way to do it.

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The part about making false claims to be eligible simply does not work for me...

7. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Except MVP and Team USA I follow the same.. I use a lot the AAA, but for that I pay them annually :)

cvsara likes this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad it works for MVP and Team USA, which I know nothing about, but just because it "works" or "everybody does it" does not make it right...

9. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Won't deny that.. :(

10. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    But at least I fixed the original post.. so it doesn't sounds like I am telling people to do the wrong thing..

NYCUA1K likes this.
  11. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know nothing from Team USA, but "Team America" is one of the great cinematic achievements of all time

adrianors likes this.
  12. drogers26

drogers26 New Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how to be able to book through family and friends rates? Like where to go on the website if you actually have a friend that put you on their list?