Review Hilton Doubletree, Zagreb, Croatia

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Slow_Mustang, May 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Overall: Good

Location: Good, close to the bus station (~15 minute walk, or a 2 station public tram ride), and the train station (10-15 minute taxi ride or a public tram ride on tram #2).

Rooms: We were upgraded to a L-shaped room, tad bigger than the standard rooms, and had the street view. Nice, clean and well lit.

Lounge: There is none. With Gold status, were offered free in-room WiFi and breakfast in their restaurant. Quantity and quality of the food was good, made to order eggs always take it to another level. Cappuccino/coffee/tea is brought to the table.

Airport transportation: Did not need it, so can't comment on that.

Miscellaneous Info: There are different types of taxis in town, some seem to be independent which are expensive and others are affiliated with a couple of companies (Echo being one of them) and are cheaper. If requested, the hotel will call you an Echo taxi. The public tram system works well for a ride to the train station and then a 15 minute walk along the city parks to the town center/old town; taxi being the other option. Taxis are fairly cheap.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  2. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review. Are you a Hilton Gold or Diamond member? Do you have any restaurant recommendations, within easy walking distance of the DoubleTree?

3. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently got downgraded from Diamond to Gold but that was enough to get me free in-room WiFi and free breakfast.

Sorry, don't have any recommendations for a restaurant near the hotel. We had a 2 night stay and both evenings we were in the central area and had dinner there. I am sure the front desk/concierge can give you some tips when you are there.

4. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just completed my stay at the hotel and can certainly recommend it. The hotel can arrange a taxi for 110 Kuna for a transfer from the airport (whereas the same taxi company, when contacted independently, quoted 132 Kuna and the airport taxi quoted 158 Kuna). The restaurant in the hotel often runs weekday and weekend 50% off promos and the food/ service / ambiance is good. Excellent staff.