Hilton Diamond Fast track from Gold

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by kmjaber, Jul 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. kmjaber

kmjaber Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so I tried to get more information on what is the current fast track to Diamond status from Gold with Hilton. HHonors customer services informed me that it is 21 stays in 90 days. This is ridiculous considering that with Gold I have only 30 additional stays to reach Diamond for the whole year!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's great that you think the terms are ridiculous because otherwise it would mean that they made the terms too easy to make HH Diamond, which would thus greatly devalue the status for some of us who make it the hard way. ;)

3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, its a savings of 9 stays, which sounds decent. It seems like hotels are cracking down on matches and challenges.

4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always thought the Diamond challenge can be requested regardless of current status? Even if Gold is a prerequisite, one can fast track to Gold and onwards to Diamond so Hilton is not going to make it easy. I would argue that SPG Plat challenge at 18 nights and has to be paid nights are even more tough. Btw, are you sure its 21 Stays for the Hilton Diamond Challenge and not 21 nights. I thought it was nights and can be any type. Paid or Award.

5. kmjaber

kmjaber Silver Member

Status Points:
    The customer service person said 21 stays. She did mention that they just finished another fast track program that was more generous to the consumer but refused to inform of the details. I just tabulated my spending on my Citi Hilton Signature Reserve card and it looks that I can make Diamond status via spending ... all thanks to adding my wife to my card ;-)

6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    The power of combined love (spending)
    Sometimes.... 1 + 1 is not just 2
    Sometimes... it is 1 + 1 = n