Hilton - Complimentary Breakfast Clarification needed

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by filelover, May 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. filelover

filelover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought I had read the answer to this somewhere but can't seem to find after searching....

I know usually complimentary breakfast is given to the Gold Member and one guest in the room. If a member books two rooms do the guests in the bedroom get the breakfast?

We are traveling and were going to have one person book all the rooms but am thinking we can book 2 rooms under 2 members if breakfast is limited to just the gold and one person regardless of how many room are booked

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Going "by the book", each separate room would have to be occupied by an elite member, who will have continental breakfast as a perk and be allowed up to one guest:
    • A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

3. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's the general rule of thumb. Some properties are definitely stricter than others. I've stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn where they accepted my breakfast coupon for full breakfasts four of us (me and 3 coworkers). I've stayed at a Hilton where they were totally by the book - basic continental breakfast for me only because the other person wasn't registered to the same room.

Note that the property does seem to have some latitude with respect to strict adherence to the complimentary breakfast policy.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    All true.

5. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I often book two rooms with 3-4 people per room on family vacations and have varied experiences based on the property. Most HGI's don't question it, most Hilton's and DT's tend to follow the rules.