Hilton Canary Wharf report

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by violist, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

The Docklands have come away from their gritty
    past and now resemble any number of gentrified
    urban areas: pleasant, lots of glass and steel.
    a bit faceless.

The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Canary Wharf
    tube stop and a between 3- and 10-minute walk from
    three, count 'em, DLR stations.

Not very attractive building on the outside;
    the interior is quite nice, though.

Rooms on the top floor (I have no evidence
    about anything else) are fairly spacious, clean,
    well appointed. Modern medium-size bathrooms -
    on two visits I discovered them of nonuniform
    size, the first having an air of enough room.
    the second just enough smaller to notice and
    to make me stub my toe on the bathroom scale.

Staff consistently friendly, sometimes bordering
    on obsequious.

Breakfast: Full English in the downstairs
    restaurant Cinnamon; slightly abbreviated
    English in the 14th floor club lounge, which is
    fine but not so fine that you'd want to linger
    too long. Having had two stays there, I tried
    both. The food is saltier downstairs.
  2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

It has been a couple of years since I stayed there, but I've had several stays at this Hilton in the past and was always quite happy with it. The rooms are nice, and I've been successful on multiple occasions redeeming HHonors points for an executive level room that was confirmed at the time of reservation. They've always offered me the choice of breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant downstairs, allowing us to decide each day which we wanted. My only complaint was some pretty awful room service food during one stay one evening. It was edible, and fresh, but totally tasteless.

My only real complaint about the hotel is the location is a bit of a pain to reach from the airports, and it's not close to much of anything you'd do on a tourist visit to London. However, the property itself is great, and if you're willing to put up with slightly longer trips on the Tube each day to get to/from the things you want to see and do in London, it's a great hotel.
  3. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Had a stay here a week ago, this was a nice property.

I managed a early checkin which was helpful so I could drop my luggage. I got put on the 12th floor with 2 twin beds, Never stayed with two twins but the room was pretty small in general, although the bathroom was huge, full tub and seperate shower. Had a fairly nice view although some the bigger buildings obstructed pretty well.

A letter was dropped off after checkin, it detailed a little about the hotel and had a comment card stuffed in with it also, they also dropped off a small box of chocolates.
    Was offered turn down service around 6pm the evening I checked in.

Breakfast was in the lounge, I wasn' t given an option, but never asked. I went up when it opens up and all wasn't ready. There was 4 hot items which came about 15min later. Lounge was really dead for a Sat AM, never saw anyone else.
  4. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

I was here on a leisure stay at the weekend as my wife and I like to stay here as a relatively cheap weekend away option. (Usually for circa £71 with the Any Weekend Anywhere rates)

The staff often don't mention anything about breakfast, but they happily allow Gold and Diamond guests to have the full breakfast in the main restaurant. They have downsized the lounge offerings during afternoon tea as they no longer have sandwiches, just a selection of cakes. The lounge was pretty busy on Saturday afternoon and a few regular guests did grumble at the change to the afternoon selection.

I always enjoy staying at this property. So far I have done 6 or 7 stays here with an even split between business and leisure trips. So far I've always been upgraded to a junior suite, so no complaints from me at all and certainly my first choice for weekend leisure stays.