Hilton Buenavista Toledo, Spain

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jbcarioca, Jan 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not yet seen any review of this property. It is one of the gems of the Hilton chain, situated on the outskirts of Toledo (free shuttle to city center) in a restored 16th century palace.

The food is excellent and moderately priced, with suggestions of molecular cuisine (those delectable Olives with olive oil infusion stolen from the master- don't knock 'em until you try them). Upgrades are automatice for Diamonds. parking is under the hotel and is only Euro10.

Otherwise photos tell the story. HBT main lobby.jpg HBT Roof main lobby.jpg HBT restaurant.jpg HBT 3rd floor lobby.jpg

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the room
    HBT guest room.jpg HBT bathroom.jpg

Attached Files:

3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is even a small museum:
    HBT museum.jpg

4. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice photos; thanks for sharing them!

nime01 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree this a nice hotel and they seem to treat Diamonds well on my most recent stay (award) stay we upgraded to a nice corner room overlooking the river (including the old and new bridges) and the garden area lokking toward the hill where the old town sits.
    Got a bottle of wine and some nibbles plus chocolates.There is no executive lounge but we were granted full breakfast in the dining room.

One added bonus there is a Barclays ATM just off the lobby where BOA ATM card holders can withdraw cash with no charges at all.

nime01, sagefemme52, Toula and 2 others like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This looks much more interesting than the parador. Toledo is a town where it would be nice to stay a bit outside and avoid attempting to drive in the center.

nime01, Toula and jbcarioca like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    IO have stayed in several Parador. A couple were wonderful, but the others were quite mundane. I have several free night coupons for Parador...

nime01 and MSPeconomist like this.
  8. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent property, excellent Diamond treatment. Had 2 rooms and upgrade and breakfast were offered for all of us. Food was very good. They also run a shuttle service to the town.

9. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca, we stayed at this hotel in a room identical to the one you had. It was nice to have so much space for a change, since many of our rooms in Europe seem to be on the smaller side:rolleyes: We enjoyed our two night stay there last September, and would definitely recommend this Hilton. We ended up eating @ the hotel several times since the food was good and reasonably priced, especially when comparing restaurant prices in the surrounding area.

10. May have to check this out. I have a meeting in Madrid next month and plan to stay in Spain for some vacation time when I'm done. Haven't planned the rest of my itinerary yet. Any other hidden Hilton gems in Spain?

11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This one and the Madrid Airport Hilton are the only two I have recently stayed. The MAD airport property is within walking distance of the terminals, but it is not an easy walk since it is not designed for pedestrians. The hotel is very nice for an airport property and teh Diamond benefits are respectable. the restaurant is OK, considering where it is, but it is clearly a factory.

12. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two Hilton hotels in Barcelona. The Diagonal al Mar property IMHO is every bit as nice as the Toledo one.
    It has the additional advantage of having a nice Executive lounge which has a large open patio (on the 16th floor???) where one can sit in the afternoons with your cava and survey the almost 360 degree vista of the entire city and the Mediterranean.

Although not in the city centre the walk to both the subway or the tram, a few blocks and 5 mins only. Barcelona has a very good subway system two or so stops and you are at Las Ramblas.:)

13. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like a very nice property, jbcarioca. Thanks for sharing.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, the SFW in San Francisco is not so nice. But then, it does have the Milepoint Kiva DO so it is much nicer!

nime01 likes this.