Master Thread Hilton Budapest Castle District

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jgg630, Nov 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AED points to reserve 2 rooms at Hilton Budapest. Checked in yesterday. Upon checkin was told that due to my Gold status both rooms had been upgraded to Executive level. I did not believe that both rooms would be upgraded but that being said that's what we were told. Upon returning to hotel in the evening we went to the executive lounge and found that only one room was on the list. I went down to front desk to check so we knew what to do for breakfast and was told that breakfast does not come with the room when you use points and that breakfast in the restaurant wus 28 Euros per person or we could eat in the executive lounge for 65 Euros for 2 people.

Am I wrong or should the 2 of us staying on Executive floor be getting breakfast with our room even if in executive lounge?

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This should say used points to book 2 rooms. Sorry.

3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would expect breakfast as a gold whether you're paying with points or cash, though likely only for one room. It might be worth asking again in the morning (maybe the exec lounge expects one room to have breakfast there? maybe the front desk clerk was clueless?). If that fails, I'd either call HHonors or I'd pay for breakfast in the lounge and then have a conversation with HHonors about it after the trip.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its been a few years since I stayed here but IIRC it was on points or a free night voucher and we had breakfast in the lounge for free.

5. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    You get HH benifits regardless of points or paid. You are entitled to breakfast for 2 and free wifi for one room only. If they upgrade you to Exec level, then they can only offer you breakfast in the lounge its at their discretion....(restaraunt is up the them, not a "benefit"...you just get breakfast ,,,,somewhere)

The other room doesnt qualify for benifits, its completely up to the hotel if the upgrade as a courtesy or not.

Hope the stay gets better, will be there in 2 months. Please give feedback on the lounge ect.

6. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Back from trip and back to work. The Hilton Budapest @Castle is very nice hotel. Location was good if you like to walk.

The executive lounge is unusual. You have to walk through the lounge to get to some of the rooms. The view is excellent overlooking the Parliament Building on the Pest side of the Danube. The evening amenities consisted of cheeses, vegetable appetizers and desserts. I did not see anything hot but it was late when we returned. Choices of drinks were plentiful.

Breakfast was fruits, Danishes and 1 or 2 hot dishes. Plenty of juices available. You can choose to eat breakfast in lounge or in restaurant. We actually found a bakery around the corner from market that served the best strudel. If you aren't adventurous, you will miss it. The bakery is in a little walk way area and you think it is the entrance to a nice restaurant but if you go past the restaurant sand down 2 steps you will find this small bakery.

Hope you enjoy your stay. We did.

iolaire likes this.