Hilton Brussels review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by violist, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Location: 5 minutes' walk from the Gare du Nord, in a slightly dodgy neighborhood, Place Rogier (houses of prostitution within 10 blocks), sharing the Place with a Comfort Inn, a Sheraton, and an IC. A kilometer or so from the old town and from the Mont des Arts, so fairly convenient for tourists of all sorts.

Exterior: filthy. Needs a sandblasting. Sort of monolithically ugly and in contrast to the other hotels nearby. Of course, the Comfort Inn, the cutest exterior of the lot, is supposed to be the worst of the lot.

Lobby: obviously renovated, sort of chic, with a nice-looking bar right by the entrance. I didn't take advantage of this as my friend lili had a suite at the Sheraton and a nice club lounge, which the Hilton lacks.

Room: I was treated to a nice top-floor corner room - there appear to be 4 sizes of room on this floor, of which this was the second smallest. If I'd been a silver or gold or something I probably would have gotten 915 or 916, which from the room map appear to be closets with just enough room for a bed and bath. This room was just right for me, perhaps a bit small for a MPer and certainly cramped for two (it was a big bed).

Breakfast: almost identical to the Conrad's, just not quite as expertly made. The pastries, I swear, came from the same (perfectly fine) commissary.

Staff: efficient, good; not obsequious as at the Conrad.

Lounge: none.
  2. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

For the benefit of anyone searching or following up, Hilton still calls this property the Hilton Brussels City.

I was there last year and agree that it's a pleasant place to stay: convenient location and a great breakfast buffet. Much nicer in my opinion than the former Brussels Hilton -- although that comparison is no longer helpful, as last month the Brussels Hilton became "The Hotel" and is no longer an HHonors property.