Hilton BRG guarantees only one thing...

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by briantoronto, Sep 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...a headache.

I need to be in LAX on October 9th. On September 4, so I book:

[​IMG]

So, I found out that American Express Canada had a better rate on a hotel. Much better. So it is time to try a Hilton BRG claim.

First email, I get this in response:

[​IMG]

The person running my claim doesn't even find the hotel I am looking for. I email back this screen shot:

[​IMG]

Still very much alive. The next day I get this email:

http://getfile2.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2012-09-12/GBvAllyfExGtpcDszqfeFqGHxFJGICoxnDlrsIfcCJikmkGFyfupnjBtkeDm/hilton3.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

I wonder what they are looking at. I do the search again, and send this:

[​IMG]

Which includes this screenshot:

[​IMG]

Still alive. Now it is September 6. I contact @HiltonHelp to see if they can help. They look things up and see what I am talking about. Crickets.

Crickets until September 12 when I go onto Twitter again.

The answer appears to be: SOL Brian

I just feel like cancelling it all and staying at the Crowne Plaza down the street. I am a Plat IHG member, and I would get club access.

In the end this morning (Sept. 13) I recieved an email from Hilton not acknowedging any of this, but repeating their email of September 6. *sigh* I am staying at the Crowne Plaza—they seem to treat Platinums well there.

2. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton is well known to have a bad BRG department. The best one I use is Marriott which is consistently good, and I also have had good experience with Radisson, but watch out for the latter as they advertise a CX penalty for cancelled BRG reservations.

3. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, here is their latest response. Can I say "Better to have not bothered?"

[​IMG]

4. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that is stickin you in the eye with that response. That's why I don't even bother. I also read to avoid Accor for similar reasons.

5. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I complained to the BBB, and got the following back (after three back and forth sessions on the BBB website):
    [​IMG]
    I have emailed them to confirm that they will send a 50$ Amex voucher. While it is not the rate I was quoted (the orig was taxes in) I have had about enough of this. I currently have a room booked at the Crowne Plaza down the street and have yet to decide where I will stay.

NJUPINTHEAIR likes this.
  6. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to you!

7. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pyrrhic victory at best. 3 weeks and frustration for a partial victory. That and my willingness to renew my HHonors Gold is now about zero.