Hilton Boston Downtown/Financial District reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

We stayed here for one-night on Valentine’s Day 2011 using points and had a very nice stay.

The good:
    • Recognition of status: I was a Gold member when we stayed, and we were upgraded from a standard king room to a large two-room corner suite. We were also given free breakfast. We received the upgrade and breakfast even though my On-Property Benefit was set to points. Valentine’s day was a Sunday and this is a hotel which I’m sure is busiest on weekdays because it’s in the Financial District, so I’m sure the occupancy played a role in the upgrade; however, it was still very nice.
    • Great breakfast buffet: There was a great selection including a range of breakfast pastries and breads, fruit and yogurt parfaits, delicious berries, made-to-order eggs, etc. Reading the list, the selection doesn’t look very impressive, but believe me when I say it tasted great. And, I don’t even like breakfast food much!
    • Accommodating staff: I called to ask room service for a couple of wine glasses, plates, and silverware and they delivered them quickly and free-of-charge. Since I’ve seen reviews of other hotels were the hotel charged (and sometimes charged steeply) for plates, I feel this is worth mentioning.

If you were staying here for work, the only downside I can think of is that there’s not much around the hotel and the immediate area is often deserted at night and on weekends. You have to walk three or four blocks to get to restaurants. It doesn’t feel unsafe to me, but it is a bit dark.

I’ve also heard they are in the midst of updating the rooms, but I cannot speak to that. Our room must have been renovated. It had flat-screen TVs, LED lights in the bed headboard, etc.
    uggboy likes this.
  2. bna_based

bna_based Silver Member

I've stayed there twice this year - with points as well as with paying. Both times the experience was very good. The walk to Quincy Market is not bad (unless it is raining). I would definitely stay there again!
  3. Acker

Acker Silver Member

I'd much rather stay here than at Hilton Back Bay. Jeez, this location is fine - up the street is the Aquarium, it's close to Faneuil Hall, Downtown Crossing, North End, Chinatown, etc. Panera is one short block away if you don't qualify for free internet. The staff is great too. And breakfast here blows the Hilton Back Bay out of the water. I really dislike the Diamond lounge/closet at Back Bay, it's more like a prison cell that they open in the morning to serve (lousy) breakfast.