Review Hilton Barcelona Diagonal Mar

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jgg630, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pom arrival at 5:30 pm, we unloaded our bags from the cab and waited for a bellman to help. No such luck. I went into the hotel and only saw the 2 girls at the front desk. I grabbed a luggage cart and proceeded to the street with it. If you have ever been to this hotel you know the cabs drop you off curbside and their is a distance from curb to entrance. I loaded the luggage cart and got to the revolving door. Trying to figure out how to get the cart in the revolving after trying the other straight entrance doors to no avail, I entered the revolving door. I got close to 90% through the rotation only to get my hand smashed between the cart and the door. As I finally got out the door a bellman appeared eager to help now that I didn't need him.

Upon checkin, we were upgraded to Executive Floor with lounge access. The lounge was very good. So good that it must be a problem for people using it without being able to. The first afternoon we were followed into the lounge by a gentleman and I was told I would need to pay for my guest. I had 1 guest and evidently they thought this gentleman was with me. When I told them that he was not with me they pursued him to get the details

Nice hotel. Ok location to metro.

Upon trying to check out to go to airport, we found no one at the front desk. We waited a few minutes still no one showed up and one other guest was just wandering in the lobby at 6 am. We finally just left again managing the luggage to the cab with no bellman.

Overall the hotel was great. Nice clean room. Good location. A view of the Mediterranean Sea. The lounge was excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel.

uggboy and ella like this.
  2. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and loved it. Location had a wonderful view, easy access to metro. I only had one rollaboard so making my way across the plaza was no issue, and bellperson met me as I was reaching the entrance. Upgraded to club floor and loved the balcony access from the club. Also had an early departure. There was one person at front desk and a couple of people ahead of me but checkout still went fairly quickly.

I would definitely stay here again, and it sounds like I was more fortunate with check in and out. Glad to hear the hotel is still good.

uggboy likes this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    You folks gold or diamond?

4. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm gold.