Hilton at NRT

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Photonerd71, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, i know if i go back far enough on here i might find the info but I'm on my phone and don't want to take half the night searching so I'll just start a new thread to ask.

Thinking about doing the DFW-NRT round trip so I can celebrate my birthday someplace new. I am a Hilton gold and was wondering if anybody has stayed at the Hilton by NRT? Looks (from Hilton website) like close to the airport with a shuttle. I'll only be there for a night so shuttle is a big plus. Is this property good/bad/nothing special or what.

And yes, i am single with no life, that is why I'm looking to spend my b-day half way around the world for a single night. :)

uggboy likes this.
  2. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I go there 2-3 times per year....nothing special. There is absolutely nothing to do around the hotel area. You can take a shuttle bus into Narita town and eat noodles at several noodle style restaurants. The train station is in Narita, but unless you know Japanese, the trains are not easy to navigate into Tokyo proper.
    When I am there, I usually bus into town, eat noodles, visit the temple in Narita, and get back home. Wish I could say there was more to do, but just not the case.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    OK, thanks. I was just going to fly in spend the night and jet home the next day. (Want to spend my birthday someplace I've never been. Plus rack up some eqm's to start the new year. Jan is when i would do this) maybe ill check out Hong Kong as well. Nice thing about a Jan birthday is it is off peak travel tome for most places.

desamo and uggboy like this.
  4. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree with heading into Narita Town... it's an easy and worthwhile trip. But the train system in Japan is not difficult to navigate even if you don't speak Japanese. There are English-speaking tourist information desks at both the airport and JR Narita Town that can help you purchase train tickets. The automated ticket dispensers have an "English" option. The departure boards and the directional signs are in both Japanese and English at most every station in the Tokyo area. And, if you decide to take the Narita Express into Tokyo, the announcements on the train are multi-lingual.

My suggestion-- live it up-- it's your birthday! Take advantage of being in one of the most exciting cities in the world!

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing too special. I'm a HHonors Gold too and came back from a stay here last week. Had an upgrade to a deluxe room but it really wasn't a big deal. There's a shuttle that goes into Narita City as people mentioned earlier. You get a free breakfast buffet as a Gold and there is a good variety of food. A lot of crew stays here from what I noticed such as KE and EK.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Almost 10 months till my next bday, single, with a passport and credit card and so my exciting cities with direct flights from the US. This birthday planning might be harder than i thought. Lol

uggboy likes this.
  7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silly question though if you are going to fly all the way NRT why not take the NEX into city and and you could even spend some time celebrating your birthday in the Ginza rather than a backwater like Narita?

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The OP would not know it if Narita is the destination. I stayed overnight at Hilton Narita and "depressing" is how I would describe this property. It is good only for staying overnight when one has a very early flight that would require leaving Tokyo at an ungodly hour to catch...

uggboy likes this.
  9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a Singapore Do over on TOBB being organized for mid-Jan if you're interested.

uggboy likes this.
  10. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    I've been to Singapore and Hong Kong, though it was in the early 90's and i was on a big grey warship. Enjoyed both (at least the parts i remember, a "few" adult beverages were consumed)......so many choices, so little time. Lol

11. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone over on TOBB posted route maps of the three alliances and I just wanted to shake my fist and say, "you're not helping!"

I counted it the other night: 35 countries UA alone goes to that I've never been to.

uggboy likes this.
  12. Photonerd71

Status Points:

I'm with you. My goal before i die is 50 states (only Alaska left), 100 countries (up to about 25 or so) and all 7 continents (4 left)

uggboy likes this.
  13. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm missing 9 states including Alaska, been to 53 TCC countries, and 6 continents. Japan's one of the places I haven't been to, and given that I've got the low-hanging fruit, one of the closer places flight-wise.

uggboy likes this.
  14. Photonerd71

Status Points:

Assuming Antarctica is the missing one. I was looking a doing a cruise there, fly to Buenos Aries, then another flight to the tip of SA and hop the ship for the ride the rest of the way. That would be one of those where you tell your friends to try and top that trip. LOL :)

uggboy likes this.