Hilton Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jgg630, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will be staying at Hilton Amsterdam post river cruise. Would like info on this hotel. Would also appreciate info on getting from hotel to airport. Thank you.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed there several years ago. It was a nice hotel, not anything spectacular. Upon check in they gave us cards for some free drinks. There were five of us at the time and if I remember correctly, we had to take two taxis to get there due to the number of people. The location is fairly convenient to get to sights from. We saw the Anne Frank house, Rijks museum, Van Gogh museum, red light district etc with ease from that location. Transportation throughout the city is very convenient with trolley cars.

3. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. I was in Amsterdam a few years ago but not familiar with Hilton.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like this hilton, hopefully your a gold or diamond with HH. The breakfast is great, excellent eggs beni's ect. Bubbly included. The lounge on the tope floor is way to small, but definetly go their for the cocktail hour, its has nice views. Locations is close to everything just about a 10-15minute walk or a 10 euro cab ride. The exec floor is nice, and gets you the benifits listed, if your diamond just book the best deal. Rooms are very large for Amsterdam standards.

This hotel is way up my list, but prices can get very high. Was just there in June, PM me if you have any questions. the advance booking rates were very nice. off the 40% Getaway rate.... only paid 140Euro very cheap for summer.

5. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forgot this......

Take the bus.....very cheap....dont take the train as the bus get you very close. The hilton is between 2 stops, so just tell the driver and he will let you know where to get off, and then its a 3 minute walk. Sorry dont remember which bus number....simple with NO changes and only took about 20 minutes. Everyone knows this hotel, so just ask any local at the airport and they will know which bus to take, its right out front and runs all the time......

6. Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there last December. Was upgraded to a corner suite and the Excutive Lounge was excellent. Seemed to be well known hotel. Highly recommend.

7. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for info. I am gold and booked hotel using points and cash to earn points. In your opinion should I upgrade to a suite. I am taking my mother on a river cruise and this will be her first trip to Amsterdam.

8. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    what month? as this dictates occupancy/upgrade opportunity. I was never in a suite, but the exec level is quite decent, views are very nice on the lounge level....on top of the hotel. this is a tall building for Amsterdam. I believe the exec rooms and most suites are close to the same size if you are spending much time in the room, get the canal view. Restaraunts are pricey, but are rated well. I always eat in the square so I cant comment here.

Since this is Amsterdam, make sure you see the sites. Its not about the hotel, although Breakfast and HH should make you happy. Just make sure you get access to the lounge as i really like the views and Mom should be able to see the town. I wont comment anymore, and let others.... My favorite town and good hotel.

9. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Going in December. I know it is usually cold and rainy but I was there a few years ago and I never took my coat out of luggage.