Hilton Amex

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Efilon87, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got off the phone with Hilton Amex customer service and im really giddy right now (usually never happens when talking to credit card customer service....). I called to put a travel advisory on my card for my upcoming trip. Right off the bat, the rep greeted me with "Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?" I usually get the standard, "Can I have your name?" so hearing that was unexpected and strangely amusing. I gave the rep my dates and where I am traveling to, he commented on how much fun I will have...Before the call ended he noted that in the event of an emergency or loss of card to call the int'l toll free Amex service number. Standard......BUT what I didnt know is that Amex will also help you expedite a replacement passport if its becomes lost/stolen and if needed, provide a translator that speaks almost any language. SOLD!!

Im sure the perks get better with the Platinum Amex, and maybe one day I can fully experience them.

All I know is I am never NEVER impressed with customer service phone calls, but if every call was as pleasant as the one I just had, the world would be a happier place :).

2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex has very good customer service.

mailbroad, FlyingFree, Toula and 3 others like this.
  3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought that Chase Sapphire Preferred would have better service but with the calls I just made, Amex takes the cake. Though I do like not having to deal with a computer to get through to a rep with CSP (I hate the "Im sorry, did you say Rep-resent-ative?" Annoying computers.). I usually just keep hitting 0 until I get someone on the phone or I hear "Transferring you now."

mailbroad, Toula, deant and 2 others like this.
  4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought you don't need to tell Amex about travel plan any more. Or at least that what they insist telling me every time I call.

Toula, deant and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. geclub1
    Original Member

geclub1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's on American Express webpage as well: we do not need travel notification.

Toula, deant and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that even though Amex will assist with a translator and help you to expedite a replacement passport, you will be responsible for all the fees associated with such services.

7. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had my magnetic strip on my amex wear out while i was in paris in 03. I went to the amex office and they had a replacement card for me within one hour.

8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    With a working magnetic strip?

alohastephen, Gargoyle and deant like this.
  9. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. They say they can figure me out;):eek:

deant likes this.
  10. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes, it was an amex delta card, the card they gave me was a simple green amex card but i got my delta miles for the purchases on the trip, and a new card was awaiting me at home when i arived back in the states

11. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is nice. Last time I got an Amex card at an Amex office due to loss, it did not have a working magnetic strip.

alohastephen and deant like this.
  12. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Echoing what many others have said; I have Amex Platinum & Gold Premiere Rewards, and I've never had anything less than 110% satisfaction with their customer service...

alohastephen, mailbroad and deant like this.
  13. zhaoqian

zhaoqian New Member

Status Points:
    the card they gave me was a simple green amex card but i got my delta miles for the purchases on the trip