Hilton Amex Surpass raises bonus for staying at Hilton Family hotels

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by kansaskeith, Nov 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen this posted. Hope I am not duplicating.

I noticed on my November Amex Hilton Surpass statement, both in the calculation of points for a Nov. 6 Hilton Garden Inn charge I had, and then again in an explanatory note at the bottom of the bill, that effective Nov. 1 I get 12 points (3 + a bonus of 9) for each dollar spent on my card at a Hilton-family hotel -- up from 9 (3 + a bonus of 6). Appears to be a change in policy, not a temporary promotion.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, methinx.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This move must be in response to the new Citi HHonors Reserve Visa card that came out offering 10 points/$. Now, the question is: will the Surpass also offer a complimentary HH GOLD status for as long as one has the card, like the Citi Reserve does?

sicemdawgs and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to see AMEX at least trying to compete with Citi.

4. pantanal

pantanal Active Member

Status Points:
    Amex Hilton card provides axon award redemption that can save you a lot of miles. This is a big advantage over the citi card

5. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    True....but the fee-free version allows access to the same awards :)

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Confirmed on the web site. Not sure if this changes my spend habits or hotel stay habits yet. Will need to analyze and see if this is an increase due to competition, inflation or both. Recent reward redemption searches beyond the basic level have been astronomically high.

Earn 12 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.
    Earn 6 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases:
    • at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets
    • at select major drugstores,
    • on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations,
    • for U.S. wireless and home telephone, cable TV and satellite TV service
    You will receive 3 HHonorsTM Bonus Points for each dollar of other eligible purchases.5