Hilton All-Inclusive

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Busyg, Apr 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Busyg

Busyg Active Member

Status Points:
    Just got back from a reward stay at the Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica All-Inclusive. I was very pleased with the resort and the value as a reward. Went as a family vacation, needing 2 rooms for the 4 of us, and while it was not an ultraluxury resort or a mega-size all-inclusive, I was impressed with rooms, service, food, and swimup bar (all included). Lots of tipping for the service, but it was great to use points for everything on this vacation except for the airport transfer/tours.

Curious about feedback on the Hilton Costa Rica or Doubletree Costa Rica that are also all-inclusives - any one have some thoughts on those?

circi, spesalvi, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the report.

Did you go off resort to dine or do other activities?

uggboy likes this.
  3. Busyg

Busyg Active Member

Status Points:
    We did venture out. The Hilton recommends and has onsite a tour company, but they were ridiculously expensive. Private airport transfer alone cost much more than we spent on the several custom private tours by hiring a private driver at SNL Jamaican Tours. The driver/owner Lindsay MacFarlane did our airport transfers, took us to the grocery on the way to the resort for bottled water and my beverage of choice. Later in our trip Lindsay also took us on a trip to Negril to see 7-mile Beach and we ate dinner at Rick's Cafe at sunset. On Easter Sunday, Lindsay gave us a tour of Montego Bay, including St. James Cathedral, and Richmond Hill, and found services for us at a catholic church. He was a wonderful ambassador and wanted us to dine at Scotchie's, and some other local places as well. We simply just didn't have the time in our 6 day trip to do it all and lay on the beach as we wanted to!! As I mentioned the airport transfer with Jamaica Tours would have been $300 for 4 - we spent less on all these outings with Lindsay (which we gladly exceed in gratuity) and had a very customized experience. Be sure to check him out at snljaimaicantours@hotmail.com.

4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did the hotel charge for bottled water as part of the all inclusive plan?

I thought most all inclusives included bottled water.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Busyg

Busyg Active Member

Status Points:
    Bottled water was extra, though tap water was available at no charge. Just a difference with this particular Hilton all-inclusive resort. Also the soda's were from the fountain, and I prefer mine from the plastic bottles. I had read this on Trip Advisor and decided it would be better to have bottled water and soda to our preferences.

Max M and uggboy like this.
  6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got back from a stay at the Papagayo. They do not charge for water. Said the stuff in the minibar was free; I opened it up and it contained another bottle of water and a few cans of coke and diet coke. :rolleyes:

It's about a 25-minute ride from Liberia airport, and some say a cab is cheaper. I booked mine through the hotel in advance.

They do have a lot of tours, too, though I wasn't there long enough to take any of them.

Sunset view from room 399 (Ocean front category, which is well above the beach and thus quieter):

[​IMG]

Max M and uggboy like this.
  7. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's really surprising about the charge for bottled water, as well as soda fountain sodas.

That seems a little cheap of them not to offer free bottled water. I'm guessing fresh, bottled water is more costly in Jamaica than liquor.

8. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great picture. How was the rest of the stay? I'm looking for a beach resort to send my parents and think they'd like that one based on the trip advisor reviews.

9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was only there one day, and I injured myself, so I really didn't get the full experience. They have a metric ton of things to do, and I think I'd love to spend a week there some day. Maybe Christmas 2013.