Highlands Inn. Carmel CA

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by karung99, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This place is Jewel at Carmel area. We stayed there a couple time last year thanks to FNF. I invited several friends and their family to celebrate our anniversary there, all of us get Townhouses 502,503,504.

All get Diamond amenity wines and cheese plates, and our room get extra bottle of champagne.

This is a 2 story townhouse type unit with upstairs equipped with sofa bed, TV, dining table, kitchenette with Microwave, dishwasher, oven, refrigerator,etc and a full bath.
    We were suppose to have a dinner at Fifi's in Pacific Grove, about 5 mins away from the hotel, since we were a large group we have to wait for late seating, we decide to buy food at Trader's Joe and bring it back to our room and we cooked there. We are having fireplace dinner and have 3 bottles of wines from the hotel.

This is one of the best memory we had among friends.
    There is a balcony where u can sit and take in the view is so beautiful, my wife need to be drag out of the room when time to check out.

The bedroom is downstairs-very luxurious, bathroom with large Jacuzzi.

Jubileesmom likes this.
  2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Wow - you got 3 townhouse suites as the only Diamond? We only got 2 - also on award redemption [​IMG]

3. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed 2 nights using FFN. I'm used to only staying at hotels one night for the stay credit but staying here for 2 nights was a great getaway. We had an awesome view from our balcony. No townhouse for us. We went on July 4th weekend and it was a full house.

The room had a DVD player and we ended up renting a few movies from the Redbox machine at the Safeway down the road.

One thing to note for people who have never been here, my Garmin GPS instructed me to turn left on Fern Canyon Road. If you get that message, disregard that and continue driving down Highway 1. Fern Canyon Road is not safe at all. It's narrow and curves all over the place. If you stay on the main road, you will see a left turn lane in a quarter mile to half a mile that will take you to the main lodge. I believe there is a road sign that mentions the hotel is straight ahead so just don't rely solely on the GPS.

4. cooperdog

cooperdog Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've stayed here a few times and we always ask for - and receive - the Point Lobos suite. It's one of only two suites in the main building, and it's glorious. Separate bedroom with a small half bath, huge bathroom where you can gaze out at the ocean while bathing in the jacuzzi, and another living/dining area. All rooms are in a line paralleling the ocean....so lovely views from them all. I neglected to mention the three fireplaces, one in the bedroom, bathroom, and living room.
    Breakfast at the restaurant was yummy, great cappuccinos and eggs with smoked salmon.

I love this resort/hotel. The service is exemplary, diamonds are welcomed, appreciated, and treated very, very well.

Also....the rumor is these are the rooms where Marilyn Monroe preferred to stay.

5. sleepyintheair
    Original Member

sleepyintheair Silver Member

Status Points:
    Worth noting that both California Market (agreed, tasty breakfast) and Pacific's Edge participate at restaurant.com - somehow staying on FFN redemptions makes the food seem more expensive because it's a larger fraction of the total bill [​IMG]

6. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have always gotten the townhouse suite and have always enjoyed them. this is the first time I heard of the Point Lobos Suite and from what you describe, it sounds amazing and coupled with the fact that it is in the main building. Do you have many pictures of the room to share?

7. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is worth noting that FD provides breakfast vouchers to Diamonds, but the coupons are only good for $32 so it's likely you will have to pay a couple bucks to cover your breakfast. While not ideal I think the quality of the breakfast more than makes up for the shortcoming.

8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this property on the ocean? (no roads between it and the ocean)

9. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a road between you and the water. But you are perched up on a hill and have an amazing view of the ocean.

10. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the clarification, some folks have said this would be a good property to burn the 2 suite nights that came with the Hyatt CC.

11. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes it is a good property - since suites run $800+ a night - however, as a Diamond it seems quite possible that you'll get a suite on a regular reservation anyways.

12. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an offer in the mail to stay here for a very cheap rate (2 nights for "as low as $99/night") plus get 10K points if I attend a time share presentation.

Has anyone here participated in this type of offer before? How hard are the sells? Will the nights post as qualifying?

I'm definitely not interested in a timeshare but I'd love the 10K points so I'm seriously considering calling. I don't mind wasting 90 minutes for that.

The letter says this is for a specific date in May, when I actually won't be in the country; I was considering calling to ask for another date, perhaps in June.

Any thoughts?

karung99 likes this.
  13. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to my friend who attended the program, it was a very low key presentation, they think it is a good value for listening to 90 mins sell presentation, I have one of those invitation too but hasn't been able to find time to go there yet.
    I just love how we as MPers or FTers want to get the nights post qualifying posted too, but it is not happening :)
    Enjoy!

RichardInSF likes this.
  14. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Everyone,

I completed a stay here last month and have a little trip report with pictures on my blog. I loved this place. Check it out at Dad to GO

15. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Poor form to basically spam the forum with your blog link rather than provide a link to a specific post. You should edit your post to include the link to the trip report rather than your front page.

16. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry you feel that way. I was just starting out and that was one of my first posts. I thought it was easier to post it that way. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

17. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sitting outside my balcony writing this.... truly one of the most amazing views from a hotel room I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

The staff here are remarkable. I always have high expectations of Hyatt staff, but they are just truly exceeding in all aspects here.

With the nightly rate of around $500/night right now, one of the best uses of my free nights I could think of.

All Hyatt lovers should experience this hotel :)

ord1kflyer and wrxmom like this.