Under Review High Volume Thread Features

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Seacarl, Jul 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reading the SMD3 contest thread makes me wish for 3 new features:

1. A lightweight/fast "show me new messages" function which is faster than reloading/refreshing the whole page. Meaning if I'm on the last page and it currently has 15 messages, please add the remaining new (up to 10) messages without refreshing everything else.

2. If I've been gone for a while, I'd like the UI to allow me to go say "+10" pages. E.g. I'm on page 80 and the last page is now 95. I am not going to read all 15 pages, but want to read the last few. Same thing can be accomplished by letting me enter a page number (e.g. "Goto Page nn") or maybe by having the UI show the last 3 page numbers, so I can go to "last - 2".

3. I'd like a "Goto Last Page" button always visible, even if when I refreshed the page I was on the last page. It may have grown since I last did anything, sometimes by a lot. I don't want to have to wait for a refresh first, and then go to the last page.

2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I have added these to the suggestion master list to be reviewed. Thanks for the suggestions.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For #2, you should be aware that if you go to the boxes with page numbers at the top and bottom of the page, mousing or clicking on the little right-pointing blue arrow will advance the choices of pages that you can go to, so that you can click directly onto any page number you want. There's no real need for an "enter page number" function.