Hidden city tickets for NE asia?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Televangelist, Nov 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Televangelist

Televangelist New Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are decent ways to get hidden city fares for Northeast Asia, particularly Japan? I've been trying a number of things (including Japanese and Chinese-language airfare sites, since I read/write both), so far no luck. :X Feel free to PM me if it's not something you want to discuss publicly. :)

2. samei33

samei33 New Member

Status Points:
    When I fly to NE asia, I usually try to find the cheapest flight to get to asia (for me it's usually Shanghai or HK). Then, I buy a flight with a low-cost airline to the Philippines (Zest Air, Cebu Pacific or similar) or to Malaysia (Air Asia X or similar) and buy a flight from this city to my final destination. If you book well in advance, you can often find fares for less then 50$ with the low-cost airlines and save big!

3. Televangelist

Televangelist New Member

Status Points:
    Ooh, that can work! If you can navigate a Chinese website, you can also check elong.com for fares from Shanghai/HK to other destinations -- oftentimes airlines like China Southern will be 50% cheaper on Elong than through western portals, due to arcane tax regulation differences in China.