HI SFO North

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by nacho, Feb 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    I'll be staying at the hotel for the first and last night of my North Cal trip, and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me the following:

Perks for PC Plat
    Alternative parking close to the hotel (I saw on IHG's page that there is a $10 per day charge for parking and on the hotel's own page there is a $7 for parking).

Thanks in advance!

uggboy likes this.
  2. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was given an upgraded room, which was very nice, a bag with chips & water & 2 day parking for $7 (the latter was a courtesy not a perk). I think the parking package is about $7 a day, but for SFO, that's almost free. Shuttle stops at every little hotel nearby, so once onboard, allow about 15-20 minutes both to-from SFO..

uggboy likes this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI, the only Priority Club hotel at SFO that does NOT charge for parking is the Holiday Inn Express South.

uggboy likes this.
  4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw that the Hojo close to it charges $3 for parking, and I saw on TA that the hotel charges $10 for parking.

I think I might rethink whether I'd have a car on that night.

So the shuttle is not provided by the hotel? Does it run on schedule?

Thanks in advance!

uggboy likes this.
  5. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this the HI in the SF ghetto on 8th? If so, then the hotel was OK but the area...

uggboy likes this.
  6. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not sure about 8th, perhaps you are thinking of the HI civic center? Sketchy area, maybe. Depends on what you are used to.

uggboy and foxberg like this.
  7. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The HoJo is a total dump.

uggboy likes this.
  8. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, yes. Civic Center, sorry. I haven't stayed at this one. Anyway, I'm done trying different IHG properties in SF. Next year I'll stay at IC on Howard. I stayed over there a few times and IMO this is the best IHG property in the area.

uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello from Silicon Valley!

uggboy likes this.
  10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The two ICs in SF definitely trump any other options in the city. Although the HIX over by Fisherman's Wharf isn't bad, if you need to be on that side of town. Oddly, that hotel is very frequently as expensive (and sometimes more) than the ICs!

uggboy likes this.
  11. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The Holiday Inn Golden Gateway keeps sending me emails that they're running specials that include parking from ~$110/night. I've stayed here once and wasn't entirely impressed but it's a central option and if parking is a necessity, you might consider it.

When I stayed here before they offered free drinks at the bar for PC plats.

Here's a link to the Priority Club website including the rate code in question. Their last email said this was good for stays in April.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/san-francisco/sfogg/hoteldetail?groupCode=BMA

sobore and uggboy like this.
  12. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
  13. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    The hotel was a dump. I'm sure the Hojo is, but it's definitely shouldn't be qualified as a HI. When I first arrived the GM tried to deny our BRG Claims, saying that even though we got 2 rooms on BRG we only entitled one. Not a big deal since we don't need more than 1 room (we filed the BRG anyway since we could use 2 rooms). Then they refused us the upgrade (hey we checked in at 2pm and they told us that no rooms were available). We got a room that was old and worn and the mattress made noise when you move. The towels in the room were so worn and grey that I would use them to swipe floor (I'm a savvy person and I use everything until they are really worn).

Plat perks - I had to ask, and the FD was reluctantly giving out a choice of 500 pts, a bag of goody and water or 2 drink coupons.

Put it this way, I wouldn't stay at the same hotel even on PB.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  14. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for opting the follow up. Sorry it sucked!