HI @ Rosslyn / Key Bridge, Arlington

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by viguera, Jan 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Just checked out of this property yesterday and wanted to write down my impressions in case anybody's looking into it for a future stay.

It's a convenient hotel to DCA, as close as the Hyatt Crystal City or the Marriott. It's a sizeable property (14 floors) with a restaurant onsite, indoor heated pool and plenty of free parking. All of these are pros if you're looking for a place to crash close to the airport, and not too far from downtown DC.

With that said, the property is really dated and due for a good renovation. The rooms are small, and the bathrooms are tiny. Some of the king rooms even have the added weirdness of having two sinks -- one inside and one outside the bathroom.

The blackout blinds get the job done, but the soundproofing could use some work -- which is always necessary when you're that close to the airport.

We didn't really have any issues other than the onsite cafe being closed, but this could have just been because it was New Year's Day. There's a CVS and 7-11 nearby though, so you can always head over and grab what you need.

Overall it was a decent deal to start my Set Your Sights promo, but I won't be returning here again. I'd rather stay downtown and pay for the parking and enjoy a little nicer property (which is exactly what I'm doing in a couple of weeks when I return)
  2. LAM

LAM Silver Member

The view of the river from the restaurant on the top floor is not bad. My old office had Xmas parties and retirement parties there a lot because it is a buffet at lunch. The free parking is a big sell on this hotel and you are in walking distance of Georgetown.
    Flyer1976 and viguera like this.