HHonors will no longer offer RR Points

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by jaw_24, Oct 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Southwest Airlines Partnership Changes

To keep you informed on the latest news from Hilton HHonors™, we wanted to share an important update. Effective January 1, 2012, Hilton HHonors will no longer offer Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Points for hotel stays. You can continue to earn Rapid Rewards Points for completed stays through December 31, 2011.

With Southwest Airlines as your Preferred Airline Partner, on January 1, 2012 your account will automatically default to our Double Dip® HHonors Points and HHonors Points reward option — which earns members free stays the fastest. To continue earning points and miles after January 1, 2012, you may update your HHonors Account Profile with one of our more than 50 airline partners. A complete airline partner list can be found here.

First IHG, now Hilton--further degradation of the program IMHO. The fixed 600 pt RR credit is generally much more valuable than other airline for ~$100 rooms, so I always opt for that.

HPN-HRL and uggboy like this.
  2. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's not good. I hadn't noticed this one. I wasn't happy about Priority Club, I had my earnings set to Southwest with them. I generally stay a handful of times in different hotel chains each year, not enough to generate free hotel rooms, but it adds up when it all goes to Southwest.

kenbo and uggboy like this.
  3. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    WN continues to prove it doesn't need partners to address the needs of its' customer base! For me, they continue to get my 110,000 points a year as long as they keep the Companion Pass (the best elite perk in the travel industry-IMHO).