HHonors stays count double promo through EoY

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ballardFlyer, Nov 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got a promo email from HHonors today saying that through the end of the year stays count double so I can requal for gold (2 real stays needed).

Hadn't seen any one else post it yet and MP search is weak so apologies if this is old news.

Questions:
    1) Have you gotten this email too?
    2) Can I keep going past gold to hit diamond too with 6 more double count stays to 28 stays? Terms in email don't specify that aspect.

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was targeted... you can share the link, if you were not targeted it won't let you register.

I personally got a rock when I tried to sign up, which sucks. :)

Sweet Willie and ballardFlyer like this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Thanks for confirming. I wonder if I can keep staying to hit diamond too?

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get the offer.

Kalboz and Sweet Willie like this.
  5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The double stays have continued to post since renewing my gold status last month. I just shifted all my SPG spend here for the rest of the year and I'm at 26 HH now and have one more double stay until I hit Diamond which will happen later this week. Curious to know if it will really work. Hoping so, but prepared for possible disappointment.

Kalboz and astraveln like this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats on reaching Diamond, it will go through. Save your disappointment for later when you realize your Hilton Diamond status isn't all it's cracked up to be. I kidding w/slight bit of truth.:) I think you'll come to find that you will value your SPG & Hyatt status more. If I was targeted I'd probably have gone for HHonors Diamond as well as I'm trying to burn the last 1/2mil in my account, and being a Diamond on award stay is probably better than nada.

ballardFlyer, astraveln and uggboy like this.
  7. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Willie....its all relative. Hilton points are still better that IC points.(except points breaks) At the IC SFO and RA status is still great here.

I really like my Diamond status, but its all about Asia for me. Enjoy and use the lounges outside of NA, then you will truly get the benifits! Suite upgrades as well.

Congrats to the OP, hopefully you will enjoy!!! I do....now its time to work for a second status as well......

8. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well Sweet Willie was right it did work and I'm Diamond now. Pretty good for $500 in readjusted spend to HH this month esp since I will be going to Conrad HK and Bali in 2013 :)

Will be interesting to do a Gold to Diamond comparison for myself. My expectations are low... Though now I can get 2 snack choices AND cont breakfast coupon at many ho-hum limited service choices across the US or even a free movie rental at W=A ;)

Kalboz, astraveln and Sweet Willie like this.
  9. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Worth noting that there's a general offer available to anyone for double stay credits for stays booked before January 31 2013 for stays until December 13th 2013. Advance payment required, 2 night minimum. But likely worth rebooking if you don't mind the up front cost or have some close stays.

Bolding is mine.

10. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really don't think one can go wrong with any hotel loyalty top status in Asia (& even some mid tier status). Asia rocks for elites !

uggboy, astraveln and ballardFlyer like this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    For weekend stays if I interpret it right?

But yes, definitely worth pointing out. Thanks for that. I don't think it will change my plan to remain at Gold level via credit card, but I'll look into the math and our vacation plans for 2013.

12. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can click through to more detailed terms and conditions per region of the world. But the details largely explain the discount for a weekend stay. Depending on regions its a Thu-Sun arrival, if you arrive Sunday discount only counts for a maximum of 2 days.

In a separate paragraph it simply says 2 night minimum for double stay credit as per the above.

Far from clear, but likely to imply that to get the credit you have to have some kinda weekend arrival.

13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought too.