HHonors recourse when miles go to wrong program?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, May 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    About a week before several recent stays, I updated my preferred airline partner online. I also spent about half an hour on the phone with an agent at the HHonors Diamond line, who laboriously reprogrammed several reservations with the new airline partner. She assured me this had been accomplished, so I saw no need to make new reservations. This "reprogramming" also happened a week before the stays.

Despite these dual steps, several stays credited to the wrong airline partner. Now HHonors says they can't do anything because miles were transferred to the original partner. I find this completely unsatisfactory, especially after the fiasco with the Budget 5K bonus.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with HHonors? In my opinion, they can ask the original partner to return or void the miles, but if they're unsuccessful, they must still award base and bonus miles to my account with the replacement partner.

2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a solution, but I have a suggestion...

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, when I created a Virgin Atlantic account for the triple miles promo. While I updated my reservations several times, they would not stick on the website. I then had a HHonors CSR fix the reservations, and they finally showed VX. AND THEN, the wrong airline showed on my hotel folio. I noticed the morning after, and HHonors fixed it for me when I called.

So, my suggestion, check the airline listed on your folio and call HHonors immediately if it is wrong. If you can talk to them before the miles post, they'll fix it.

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I don't think there is any way for Hilton to change the account once the points have posted.

4. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    You don't have to wait until checkout, at checkin you can confirm the airline on file (just like you confirm they have your HHonors number & status at checkin)

DAS02135 likes this.
  5. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once the miles/points have been sent over from HHonors, they're coming back. If you wanted double dip HHonors rather than FF partner, they may make a courtesy adjustment for one stay, but the odds of them sending a second partner miles (that has an immediate $$ cost) are low.

Some properties I've stayed at confirm my partner at checkin and every one of them has the partner on the folio. I sympathies with you for clearly making a proactive efforts prior to checkin, and you probably won't like this, but if the error was clearly listed on your folio and now you're claiming there's errors on multiple folios days/weeks after-the-fact, you may not receive too much latitude. If for some reason the partner didn't show up on your folio & the property didn't confirm the partner, you may have a little more leverage, but again, a hard sell.

6. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ran into ths on several occasions, as a rule you can call up HH and they will change it to whatever Carrier you want as long as its not past Midnight on the day it posted to your acct