HHonors Points When Using Airline Voucher?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jparker, Dec 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm doing an experiment tonight. I never take bumps but did tonight in Atlanta and using a DL voucher for stay at Embassy Suites. I'm a Hilton Diamond and DO NOT anticipate getting any points for this stay but curious if maybe I get the 1,000 point amenity bonus like I have received on Hilton stays when using Points and Money redemptions.

Has anyone had experience where they have received any HHonors points in this scenario?

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, no.

3. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did score a few points on this stay. Because I put $7.54 in incidentals on my room, I received the points for that plus my 50% Diamond bonus. But, I also received my 1,000 MyWay bonus points. Nothing to brag about but similar to my experience with Points and Money awards this summer.

While the "money" part of the rate did not earn points, the incidentals did and I also received bonus such as above and AMEX on-line booking points, etc. So, if you end up staying at a Hilton on an airline voucher, you might consider charging a small incidental or two to your room if you were going to spend the money anyway.

4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of greater importance (for those trying to requalify) -- did it count as a stay/night?

DTWBOB

5. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is a great question and I'm not sure I know the answer as I don't pay too much attention to those numbers. I would guess that it is showing as a stay since I got the MyWay points, but that is only a guess. I may have to just call the HHonors desk and ask them to look at my account and see if the "voucher stay" is in my qualification numbers.

I'll let you know what I find out..

6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let me save you a phone call -- just check in on line -- say in about a week or so.

DTWBOB

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, yes.

But... My sample size for E is exactly one - a Hampton Inn in Vegas. I didn't even pay anything out of pocket to trigger points/stay credit. And I do believe that's not how it's supposed to work. But I gave the FD person my HHonors number at checkin, she added it in the computer, and a few days later I was happily surprised.

8. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you saying that if it appears on-line at all that it counts towards qualification? If not, how would I be able to tell if I have not been monitoring the number of nights/stays to tell that there was a change in the total? I didn't see a way to specifically see if it counted towards elite status on the website other than keeping track of the YTD total.

9. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just look at past stays and count 'em up....

DTWBOB

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  10. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it counted towards elite qualification.

11. bearcat74

bearcat74 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only time I had a voucher - at a Doubletree - it fully counted, though I didn't expect it too.