HHonors Points and Fixed Miles on award stay?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Sep 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your double-dip is set to "HHonors Points and Fixed Miles," do you earn fixed miles (e.g., 1000 Virgin Atlantic miles) on award stays?

I can't find anything in the T&Cs which say no, but I recall not getting them in the past.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I cannot say for Fixed Miles - sorry - I do know that for Points and Points I do get HHonors points on reward stays and also credit toward requalification.

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally, one earns something on incidentals for points and points. For points and fixed miles, it is definitely unclear, although I would be tempted to say that you do not get the fixed miles since there is no way to "calibrate" such earnings, which might be all or nothing. Points & points are based on the incidentals, whereas it is unclear what the fixed miles would be based on if it is a reward stay for which one earns nothing if there are no incidentals. It is an interesting question for which it would be nice to publish the answer if you do find out.

4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've emailed the Diamond Desk.

I rarely have my double dip set to miles; however, with the lack of a promo, I'm crediting stays under $150 to Virgin Atlantic, so they the 1000 miles per stay will ultimately convert back into 2000 HHonors points.

5. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's the response I got: "Unfortunately, per the terms and conditions of the Hilton HHonors program located at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do#accrual_of_points, member's may not earn air mile credit with award stays."

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is not exactly true because one can earn HH points from incidental charges on award stays, and the stays do count toward elite status. But, I think that they mean what I had suspected: no fixed miles earned if that is one's double-dipping option.

7. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    You do not earn miles on award stays unless the hotel codes the stay wrong and it is coded as a regular stay. That said, you should set your earning style to points and points, for you will earn points on certain incidental charges if you have any, and then you should be able to earn 150% of points for those charges.

newbluesea likes this.
  8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    This correct and has always been so for as long as HH had started allowing award stays to earn stay credit. (10 years plus??? )

NJUPINTHEAIR likes this.