HHonors members in Asia: status, points?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Saracen, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently moved to Singapore, and have found the going tough with HHonors. Firstly, Hilton properties in Asia tend to be pretty high class, and hence, finding cheap rates for one-off stays or mattress runs isn't easy. Moreover, there isn't even an HHonors credit card here. Plus the local airline FFPs earn a meagre 500 miles/stay versus the 1000 miles per night with BD.

So, HHonors members in Asia, help me out with tips to get the points in…

2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can use your US-based HHonors credit card. Book your hotel on the Hilton website, choose a prepaid rate, and it will bill in dollars to a dollar-based credit card, so no foreign exchange fees.

There is also a Hilton Premium Club for Asian Hiltons - 10% off and other benefits in exchange for an annual fee. Web address is: http://www.premiumclubasia.com/Premium_Club/.

3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the other issue is that the selection of Hilton chain properties out here is very restricted. Whereas when travelling to the US, there's always some Hilton property within a reasonable distance, the same cannot be said of Asia. Is there a another chain I'm better off switching to in that regard?

4. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are most of your hotel nights business stays that are reimbursed? Are there any restrictions your business imposes? Any particular countries where your stays will be concentrated?

5. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm on per diem, so can book what I like. But for example, I was in Beijing in December, with work in the vicinity of the Tech Park. No Hilton properties within a reasonable distance. (There was a Sheraton Four Points and a Crowne Plaza). I was in Taiwan a fair while back, and again, no Hilton properties at all. In Malaysia, nothing in Melaka or Johor.