HHonors Gold status

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by adrianors, Jan 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,
    So, I have a question.. I got the Gold status with HHonors through the P2. This past month I was quite unsure if I was going to qualify again for next year's gold (I was 1 stay short) and decided to email them asking if they would forgive me since I was just one stay short.. The answer for my surprise was that I was already set up to 2016. Now, I got all the stays (the last one on the 31st of December!) and was wondering if that will rollover for one more year, which means, 2017? And also, was the P2 giving a 2 year Gold membership with Hilton or what?

Kalboz and Thomask like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think your status remains until the end of March. Could be that your status will drop then, since I am fairly sure the premium membership was only good for one year.

blackjack-21 and adrianors like this.
  3. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh well, by reading again the email from Hilton I believe they upgraded me before I completed the 20 stays.. They said "..Our records show your tier was already upgraded through 31-Mar-2016 as of 11-Jan-2014. You do not need any further stays to maintain the Gold tier for 2016..."
    But now I wonder, being upgraded and renewing this year.. would that status be kept for one more year? In other words.. would I be Gold until 2017?

4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlikely. I read your situation as getting complimentary Gold for 2015 and 2016 (way back in Jan 2014). You then earned your own Gold in 2014 to qualify for Gold in 2015. Unfortunately, like most programs.. There is no "roll-over" of the status (extension).

adrianors and blackjack-21 like this.
  5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. MP's P2 HHonors Gold is only till March 2014. OP had received Complimentary Gold till 2016 back in 2014. He was asking if his own stays that qualified him for Gold would then tag an additional Gold year (extend to 2017). I have not come across such things myself so I doubt it will happen that way.

adrianors likes this.