HHonors' "Global" Q2 Promo is Here: Double Your HHonors

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, Feb 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sign up below and earn Double Points or Double Miles with any of our 60+ airline partners when you stay at participating hotels from March 1 through May 31, 2015. If you’re not already a member, joining is easy — just choose Double Points or Double Miles to get started.

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!... Was waiting for something to show up and they delivered... :)

ContinentalFan, mht_flyer and uggboy like this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Non-Participating hotel list and the FAQ is still blank. :oops:
    I chose to go with the Double Points. :D

ContinentalFan and uggboy like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully the non-participating list will remain blank.:)
    Going for 2X points is a no-brainer if one is a HHonors loyalist who also selected points+points as their double-dipping preference...:cool:

ContinentalFan, Gtitan and uggboy like this.
  5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am assuming there is no minimum nights before the double points kicks in.
    If this assumption holds, it is better than some of the past promos where only 2 or more nights stay is required before the bonus kicks in.

uggboy likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The promo would simply double whatever one earns in base points for any type of stay, with no conditions other than the spend be eligible for points. If B is the number of base points earned, then the promo would award another B, so that the total is 2*B, without counting points from any other source.

ContinentalFan likes this.
  7. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    no-brainer
    [noh-brey-ner]

noun
    1. Informal. points+points with double points.

Dublin_rfk, Gtitan, NYCUA1K and 2 others like this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    @NYCUA1K let us know if your promos stacked...
    Especially when you stay at Conrad (and WA).
    You have the Double (weekdays) and Triple (Weekends) promo
    Now this Double points promo
    And the Conrad (and WA) 2,000 points per night promo.
    As well as the 5,000 points per 2 nights at Conrad (and WA)

If they all stack... this is a good year for you.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will be a huge test of whether or not all the promos that are currently running at once will be truly lucrative. My sense is that most will stack... I have two stays by April 30 but not at WA or Conrad, however. My next two stays will have this 'double points' promo and the '2x/3x points' promo overlapping. Everything else will be overlapping when I stay at Conrad HKG in June...

flyforawg likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gtitan likes this.
  11. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great promo, going to cross into Diamond World next week, and with my points and points, this will be a nice little add! Bravo Hilton! This year you have been very generous while other loyalty programs .... not so much. :D

12. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    (emphasis added)

In other words, a lot of USA-based HH elites. ;)

I know a number of hotels I've stayed at multiple times in the past are on the list, and they aren't in the sticks. -shrug-

13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    In other words, as a franchise in which anyone can purchase a property and affiliate it with the Hilton name and everything else that goes with the brand, individual Hilton properties enjoy quite a bit of autonomy or independence, as long as the business model remains true to the brand. What that exposes, however, is how Americans and other "Westerners" who affiliate a property with Hilton Worldwide are different from almost everyone else around the world: they refuse to play ball when it comes to the loyalty aspects of Hilton. They do not see HHonors as a moneymaker; instead, they feel like it creates self-entitled, insufferable "elite" guests. As result, if you go down the list of non-participating properties you will see that a large number of them are in places like Tennessee (I did not realize there were so many Hilton properties there!) and "rural" (loosely defined) America where such a mentality is prevalent. Properties in most large metropolitan cities did not opt out, nor did any of the "world class" or big-name properties that deal with all kinds of people and must be open-minded.

There: I just explained why service/elite recognition seems so limited at properties in the US compared to, say, Asia...;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  14. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    My benefits as an "elite" at a Hampton Inn are bottled water or candy, and a smallish handful of points... This doesn't exactly strike me as much of an "entitlement". If I'm there, it's because of location, price or brand consistency. Might be more inclined to stay at more of them instead of (insert random comparable cheaper place from Hotwire) if there was more benefit on things like... promotions.

That's how I see it, anyway.

-shrug-

Dublin_rfk and WhiteDesert like this.
  15. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    And registered! For double points of course, many thanks for posting

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  16. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    For easy reference, properties that chose not to participate are basically as follows.

upload_2015-2-26_8-36-33.png upload_2015-2-26_8-33-24.png

17. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, that's a good number of opt-outs.

18. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    How is that useful as it does not tell us the properties ?Is it not important to know which properties?

[Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk]

19. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Properties are in the list linked by @NYCUA1K here
    I had wanted to upload he Excel file for easy manipulation but MP stopped me...
    upload_2015-2-26_9-25-15.png

No point uploading a PDF when the link is better and gets refreshed..
    The tables are just a summary in reference to what types of properties opt out in the earlier discussion up thread

Be happy to send you the Excel sheet if you like? PM me your email address? :D

20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Precisely Q.E.D
    You'd think they would see the value of these promos, right? Well, for these mom & pop Hilton property, honors promos do not generate enough money to justify their giving those SOB "elites" freebies, or worse, "recognition and genuflection", which they are sure the SOBs expect...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  21. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I won't be staying in my normal hotel as it's on the list of exclusions (one of only three in the UK). So they have lost my business (3 nights a week) for 3 months... Surely that's not worth it to them?

WilliamQ likes this.
  22. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Write to the manager. If you have firmed plans, they might offer you complimentary points. May not exactly match the bonus but could still make the stay worthwhile. As you mentioned, you are already a regular.

23. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would I do that? I have 2 equidistant hotels to choose from. The service offered is close enough that I don't care which I use (one is a Doubletree and the other a Hilton). The room rates are the same most of the time. Why would I go through the hassle of fighting for the points in one place where I get them without a quibble in another?

24. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I see... I mistook your other options as non-Hilton properties. Seems like you are covered and in your case, with similar price points, same chain and similar service, I second your decision!

Would you ever consider letting the respective management know what happened?
    There's 2 sides to this rationale and they can be done separately or together for maximum impact?

1) For the property which lost you, might be good to know that their actions resulted in business lost. Hopefully they will be less quick to opt out in future.
    2) For the property which got your business, let them know you're here (and not there) because they opt in and you think that's a great business decision. This hopefully encourages them to continue participating in future promotions.

Just how I would have looked at it if this was my situation, aka, I would have done both. :D

25. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have y'all been getting your 2X bonus to post yet? So far nothing for me in the way of 2x points posting.