HHonors Fast-Track to Gold for UA Elites -- How Long does Status Last?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jun 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up recently for the "Stay Four Times, get Gold" promo that United/Hilton offered to Elites in the 2011 Mileage Plus elite package.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/processLanding4.aspx?lp=mileagepluselite&cid=OM,HN,mileageplus,LP2010

As I am planning my fourth stay, does anyone know how long the status will be good for? Through the rest of the year, or will it essentially be the same as earning Gold the hard way over the course of the year, i.e., rest of this year and all of 2012?

2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Normally HHonors status is good to the second April following the date you earned it. In other words, if it follows the normal pattern, it should be good this year, all of next year, and end in April 2013.

3. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the status should be valid until February 2013.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Since I have two stays coming up soon, I just up'ed myself to instant gold via the Signature VISA offer.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...rd-3-stays-before-31-august-2011.12413/unread

Makes me wonder if that invalidates my previous and work-in-progress "Stay Four Times, get Gold" promo. I.e., will my next stay still give me Gold until 2013 even though I now already have Gold until end of August?

5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I do not know what happens when you are registered for multiple promotions. I would just complete one of the promotions to fully make certain to retain Gold status.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    After the next stay has posted, I'll call Hilton to check what expiration date they show for my Gold status (*). If it's still 8/31, then most likely the VISA promo overwrote the previous UA promo and I'll continue with it.

(*) I assume there is no way to check online?

7. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    As far as promotion eligibility, there is no way to check online, so I would call customer service.

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No, I meant checking online for one's expiration of status in general. Some research on, uh, another site leads me to the conclusion that there is no way to see it online on the HHonors site.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have my answer: after my 4th and 5th stay within the 90 days of the UA promo sign-up I contacted customer service by email and asked to confirm that my Gold status would be good through March 2013, and they confirmed. So the VISA promo did not interfere with the UA promo.