HHonors Fantasy Racing Promo

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Feb 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a new HHonors promo out there at http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com

It's pretty elaborate and looks like it'll be fun for F1 fans but even if you're not, you can sign up and have the system create a team for you.

There are quite a few prizes that are awarded throughout the year:

Overall Competition

The team manager who finishes in first place for the entire year of 20 races will win:

- A 5-day, 4-night trip for two to New York City, United States (including accommodation and flights)
    - US $1,000 spending money
    - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Merchandise

Mini-Competition

The year will be split into 4 Quads, each Quad containing 5 races from the racing season. After each Quad, the team manager who finishes in first place will win:

- A "Be My Guest" Certificate good for a 2-night stay at Hilton Worldwide properties.
    - US $200 spending money
    - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Merchandise

The 4 Quad periods are as follows:

First Corner: 15/03/2013 - 12/05/2013 (Australian GP - Gran Premio de España)
    Chicane: 25/05/2013 - 21/07/2013 (Grand Prix de Monaco - TBA GP)
    Long Straight: 26/07/2013 - 06/10/2013 (Hungarian GP - Korean GP)
    Final Lap: 11/10/2013 - 24/11/2013 (Japanese GP - Brazilian GP)
    Team of the Race/Weekly Prizes

Each race week, 100 prizes consisting of HHonors points are available, based on the final position from the weekend's race, as follows:

- 1st Place - 50,000 HHonors points
    - 2nd Place - 30,000 HHonors points
    - 3rd Place - 20,000 HHonors points
    - 4th-10th Place - 10,000 HHonors points
    - 11th-20th Place - 5,000 HHonors points
    - 21st-50th Place - 2,500 HHonors points
    - 51st – 75th Place - 1,500 HHonors points
    - 76th – 100th Place - 750 HHonors points

No Purchase or Payment Required to Enter or Win. Skill Contest. Entry begins on 11th February, 2013, and ends 17:00 GMT on 22nd November, 2013. Must be resident of US, UK, Republic of Ireland, Canada (excluding Province of Quebec) or Germany, 18 or older, and HHonors member, to enter. Free HHonors enrolment at http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com/Default.aspx?page=register. Additional terms, conditions & restrictions apply. See Official Rules for details.​

In case anyone is interested, I created a Mini-League for us MPers. Feel free to join with the following details:
    Name: milepoint​
    Password: milepoint​

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice...I joined too...prices are pretty paltry...and guessing the NYC trip would cost more in taxes than the value you'd get out of it, but some easy HHonors points would be nice, plus I used to love to play fantasy sports but didn't have the time, and this is a relatively low time commitment.

3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got this email from HH and just looked it up. I think my life is complicated enough not to get into this.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could someone post the easiest steps to participate without having to actually understand the scheme? ;)

5. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those of us who are F1 fans, it is a pretty good game. In theory there is a bit of strategy involved when it comes to selection and where you spend your budget. Should be fun though, even if just allowing Hilton to pick a selection of things for you.

Between Hilton with this and SPG and their SPG Moments tie up with the Mercedes F1 team, there are opportunities for F1 fans to participate through their loyalty programs. Last October we went to the Japanese Grand Prix and spent the race day with the Mercedes team in their garage. Crazy crazy experience all for 50,000 points through SPG Moments. Would be great if HHonors look to create some opportunities with their McLaren tie in too.

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    based on the amount of people that stay involved with fantasy teams, and how variable racing can be, there should be several of us getting points out of this

7. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    It ought to be an interesting promotion. And frankly, it's more interesting than some of the things we have to do to get free points. :p

Too bad it's not fantasy NASCAR. But that would attract a completely...different...kind of audience.

foxberg likes this.
  8. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for setting up the league - I just joined - cant wait for the season to start

9. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    not everyone that enjoys nascar is a redneck

JoeCortez likes this.
  10. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never said that they were. I'm a California boy turned Buckeye and can't wait for Daytona tomorrow (albeit hopefully with better results)!

11. Ninmurai

Ninmurai Active Member

Status Points:
    Wow, didn't realise 50k SPG gets you into Mercedes Garage. Did that include race tickets too?

12. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    It certainly did - a pair of tickets for the main Grandstand on the start finish line, that i think were about $900 to $1000 each for the weekend. We watched the start of the race from there and then went down to the garage after 10 laps or so. We must have looked like a pair of idiots to the spectators around us to disappear so early from prime seats.

It's an auction model for these packages though, so we got lucky with Japan. Other races last season went for much more, just for the hospitality access. Only a few races offer the team access packages as well.

13. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just looking over the grand prize and i think it's pretty decent that they give you a check that will be roughly the equivalent of what your taxes on the prize will be. $6600 is just ridiculous for the value of the trip (as they always are) but that check definitely offsets it.

also, are we going to talk strategy in here? i was looking at the scoring, and it's definitely not like typical fantasy sports. i won't comment on some things i noticed until we agree upon offering up suggestions in here.

14. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    well i sucked this week. 9641 out of 23672

Schali and foxberg like this.
  15. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I'm 15988 out of 23677. I'm sure I'll win tons of prizes.

Schali and mrredskin like this.
  16. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most complicated confusing promotion ever. Lol

Schali likes this.
  17. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good job, I am 13911/23750.
    Back to fantasy football!!! ;-)

foxberg likes this.
  18. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm a F1 fan so this should make the season a bit more interesting. Here's to nothing, but I did join the MP league. :)

19. travelingfrogs

travelingfrogs Active Member

Status Points:
    do I have to join a league for this to work and if i do have to join which league do i join?

20. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    You don't have to join any league. The league I started was just if any MPers wanted to compare how they did against one another.

21. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I ended up at 7,567 out of 23,797. Looking at the top 250 teams, it looks like they each had selected this weeks race as their bonus race. I did transfer one person out for the next race, but I am sure that my choices of engines and constructors will keep me out of the prizes.

Of course, I know nothing about Formula 1 and most of these things were a shot in the dark.

22. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, as a follow up to my last post, I am now at the top of the min-league leader board and somehow, I and ranked 1,278 out of 24,463 people. I still do not think that it will be enough to get me any prizes, as my bonus race has already finished.

23. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Should we have a min-league for MP for this year (2014)? I'm not a race fan but made some picks just incase random is best...

24. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too complicated. Punted.

25. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, hilton shd do something erm simpler,like the recent La Quinta jackpot game!

gconnery likes this.