HHONORS EXTENDS THEIR Q2 "DOUBLE YOUR HONORS" PROMO TO AUGUST 31!!!

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, May 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    (H/T: One Mile at a Time)

Click on image to register. If you registered already for the Q2 promo, there is no need to register again.

HH PROMO-EXTENDED.jpg

The icing on the cake? Not a single property has opted out!

Simply lucrative!

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting

AND ALL HILTONS ARE PARTICIPATING !!!!!

DTWBOB

B1BomberVB, NYCUA1K and uggboy like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is indeed great to see that the usual suspects -- mostly franchised mom & pop properties in the US like HGI, Homewood Suites, etc -- did not opt out of this extension of the Q2 promo...:)

B1BomberVB and uggboy like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure what is the likelihood that this was a one-time error or bug that is likely to occur to someone else, but I would like to report it so that you may be extra-vigilant.

I just completed a 5-night stay at Hilton Toronto and after the points posted, I quickly noticed that I did not get anywhere near the "double" of my HHonors points for the extended 2015 Double Your HHonors promo.

HILTON-YYZ.jpg

According to the T&C "Double Points" means "you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay." By that definition, I should have been awarded 14,646 points. Instead I got 2929. What someone appears to have done was to take the base spend for the stay ($1,464.60), double it, and enter the result (2929) as my bonus for the Double Your HHonors promo.

A call to the Diamond Desk got the error quickly rectified.

B1BomberVB and uggboy like this.
  5. easterly

easterly Member

Status Points:
    I just wrapped a stay at the Millenium Hilton, downtown. So underwhelmed. Feel like Hh should triple my points for putting up with a 50 story property equipped with a 200 sq ft gym and a 50 sq ft lobby bar. And e-locks that don't care to open.

6. havequick99

havequick99 Active Member

Status Points:
    The way the points are are awarded for this promo aopear to have changed from Q2. From the FAQ;

When will the Bonus Points post to my HHonors account?

Please allow 6-8 weeks from the completion of your stay for the Bonus Points to appear in your HHonors account.

Before, we were getting the points with the rest of the points earned during the stay. I called Hilton after I noticed I didn't receive anything for the promo for my last stay. I must not have been dealing with the Diamond Desk as the lady tried to argue at first that my Diamond bonus and Points+Points added up to double points. She kept me on the phone for 20 minutes and finally figured it out with a supervisor... then gave me the bonus for the one night I was talking about (about 1600 pts) just for waiting patiently. I guess I should have brought up the 4 night stay I had this month too, but I didn't :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think pretty much every promo says to wait 6-8 weeks for the promo points to post but they almost always post with the points for a stay. That was true my recent stay during this promo period above. The promo points posted at the same time as the points for the stay, except that they made an error in figuring out how many promo points to award me, which they quickly corrected...

8. havequick99

Status Points:
    I guess I'll need to call the Diamond Desk when my bonus points post next stay. I just made Diamond for the first time... still waiting on the card with the number on it.

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have a smartphone your Diamond "card" is already in your account in the HHonors app.

havequick99 likes this.
  10. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    The same thing happen to me with my recent stay at the El Con in Fajardo. I had 2106 base points for incidental expenses, and they awarded me 842 points for the 2015 Double Your HHonors promotion. I was also not awarded the 500 point HHonors Amex online booking bonus (I never used to have difficulty with this one, but it's becoming more and more sporadic as time goes on).

11. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will wait the 8 weeks. Only 7 more weeks to go. :D

12. havequick99

Status Points:
    Hmm. That's the number I dialed. Must have really been a new employee on the phone with me... either that or the Diamond Desk isn't quite the caliber I'd thought it would be. No mention that I was a Diamond member until the very end (after she had been talking to her supervisor) and she even said "Looks like you haven't stayed with us in a while" when I first got on the phone with her.

13. havequick99

Status Points:
    I got the promo points for both of my stays this month today. I don't know if this was a fluke or if that's just the way this promo will run. Guess I'll see after my three stays next week.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  14. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    ok. Seems like there is no need for 8 weeks. 8 days was what it took. :)