HHonors Citi Reserve Summer Promo: Earn up to 3 Extra Points/$

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, May 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citi-Reserve-Summer-Bonus-Pts.png
    Offer is targeted because there does not appear to be a sign up link other than one that came with the email, which simply simply says:
    For those targeted, this makes paying the folio with the Citi Reserve visa (13/$) better than paying with the AMEX Surpass (12/$), in addition to avoiding a foreign transaction fee.

2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you copy the link from "enroll now" button you might see if the URL includes your HH number. If so, then it's possible to alter it.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea. I just stripped the link of anything user/member-specific and now clicking it takes one to a site that asks of a 10-digit invitation number. It is definitely targeted.

foxberg likes this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's unfortunate. This means that Citi is actually using the invitation number in their original link instead of the HH number.

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is exactly right. The number I stripped off is not my HH membership number. It must have been the targeted invitation number...

6. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received the same e-mail wit the offer for extra 3 points using the Citi Reserve card.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The offer is actually quite limited when one reads the fine print. The maximum number of bonus points that can be earned is 5,000, which means that one gets points only for the first $385 (including taxes). For a one- or two-night stay that is a good return. For my typical stays of 4-7 days with folios of $1,500 or more, the offer is quite limiting and limited. Only the first $385 will get bonus points at 13/$; anything after that will earn the usual 10/$. But, hey, who is looking a gift horse in the mouth...;)

8. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not very exciting, particularly when you take into account the value of Hilton points -- at a half cent per point, you're looking at something worth perhaps $25.

DTWBOB

NYCUA1K likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. They took the last targeted offer to earn unlimited and unrestricted 15 points/$ at Embassy Suites only and diluted it badly...

10. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am glad you did the math, i would not have noticed. I only do one- or two night stays. Thank you for pointing that out.