HHonors awards certs - redeposit?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by pnoeric, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    A friend of mine is giving me 40k Hilton HHonors points in the form of a 40k HHilton Award Certificate. My two simple questions:

1. Do I have to use this for one 40k award redemption, or is this the same as 40k points that I can apply however I want? (For example: if I want to make an award reservation of three nights @ 30k points each night, could I pay with this 40k certificate + 50k points from my account?)

2. And/or, can I just take this certificate and deposit these 40k points in my account?

3. Does the award certificate have to be attached to a reservation right now, or can it just be a free-floating certificate that I can hang on to and use when and where I want?

If it makes any difference or waives any fees, I'm Hilton Diamond.

THANKS---
    E

deant likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    1 A) Generally HH certs are issued for specific catagory hotels so unless you have some sort
    of "points reward" I have not heard of I believe you have a C6-1 which is good for one night at
    catagory 6 (or lower if you choose to waste some of the points:)) note there are no
    multiples of lower cats which would add up to 40k.
    B) All award certificate are valid for one year after issuance only.
    C) You can only use that particular certificate for a single room and/or a single night
    (in general certificates must cover whole nights or whole multiples of nights)

2) No.... the points can only be redeposited into the account from which they were issued.
    3) No the certificate can be used anytime within the period of validity, so yes you can book later.

There are no fees to make change to HH awards.

msv and deant like this.
  3. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gotcha, thank you!

deant likes this.