HH points when going through Expedia?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by FlyingBear, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am going to be booking a couple of stays with Hilton and wanted to use Expedia for cashback. Before going that route, what is everyone's experience with getting HH points when going that route?

I am also assuming that Hilton won't know about my status with them until I actually check-in with them

uggboy likes this.
  2. baliparis
    Original Member

baliparis Silver Member

Status Points:
    No points or stay credit when booking via third party per T&C.

uggboy and FlyingBear like this.
  3. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You won't earn points. In the fine print of the Earning Points section (http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/points/hotels.do), it state: "Stays that are booked via third party websites are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward Elite tier status."

Some hotels still give you status recognition. So, if the cashback is worth not getting the HHonors points, what you can do is call the hotel once you get the confirmation number through Expedia and ask them to put your HHonors number on the reservation.

uggboy and FlyingBear like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto! HH points are only earned when booking via hilton.com directly and NOT with third parties involved!

FlyingBear likes this.
  5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for all the replies. I'll take the points over cashback :) Too bad that Hilton is not available through any cashback sites.

uggboy likes this.
  6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Essentially, Hilton's paying the commission directly to you in points value rather than through some fee structure with the third-party site. Even if you do book through a third party, my recollection is that you still get points for incidentals if your HH number's on the reservation. Generally, that's small potatoes compared to the room rate for me, but YMMV.

uggboy likes this.
  7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:

That does not really correspond with what some others do, like Priority Club, Radisson or Starwood. 3-5% might be small potatoes, but over 6-8 weeks I spend in hotels, that adds up.

uggboy likes this.
  8. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a PC and Starwood member (but not Radisson), but am not really familiar with their programs. In general, 1-2 stays a year are in other programs and I usually credit those to airlines rather than hotel programs. Starwood's my sole exception -- I just don't want a gazillion distributed points as I have enough programs to manage.

Long story short, I don't completely understand what you mean by the above.

uggboy likes this.
  9. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you familiar with fatwallet or Mr. Rebates? That's what I am talking about.

uggboy likes this.
  10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were referring to booking through an engine or if you were talking some other discount. Maybe I need more coffee. :)

uggboy likes this.