HH G benifits at Waldorf

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by supercowpang, Nov 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. supercowpang

supercowpang Active Member

Status Points:
    I have booked a room at waldorf, as a HH Gold what benifits usually I could get? It is hear Waldorf doesnt hv club lounge, will I could ask free breakfast since i choose the points as my preference.

Could anyone give me some tips?

Thanks

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't stayed there before, but I'm sure one of our members will have some insight soon.

Welcome to MP! :)

3. supercowpang

supercowpang Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot!

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    One way to find out what benefits are available is to log into your account and select "Hotel Benefits" under MY PROFILE. Scroll down to W=A and you will see what the benefits for your status level are (you may need to select some items). For HH Diamonds, e.g., the benefits are:

KENNECTED likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You probably won't get much.

Which property in particular?

6. frenchie2kiss

frenchie2kiss Active Member

Status Points:
    It really depends on which WA property. When we stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui, I got nothing for being a Gold member. When we stayed at WA in Shanghai a week ago, I got upgraded from a regular non-view room to a fabulous Bund View room (facing the river and the Shanghai Pudong skyline), full breakfast every morning in restaurant (they don't have lounge), and that benefit for is for two rooms, 2 adults and 3 kids!! I was very surprised and very happy.

NYCUA1K, viguera and iolaire like this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really does depend, and if you're staying at a Waldorf you might as well try and book via Virtuoso as well and see if that helps.

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the difference between HHonors properties in the US/EU and in Asia! Coincidentally, I too was at the Waldorf=Astoria Shanghai on the Bund from Dec 21-26, 2013 and had been upgraded to a river-facing premium room when I got there. Then I said I wanted a suite instead, as this was a fairly extended stay. They immediately offered me a non-river facing suite, and said that a river-facing suite was available only to those who would be upgraded from a river-facing premium room (like the one I had been initially upgraded to). However, they still told me that they would let me have a river-facing suite for 50% off! Since this was a reward stay and I did not feel like spending any money and I had been upgraded to a river-facing premium room a couple of years before, I decided to take the non-river facing suite upgrade, which was superb, with full free breakfast in the "Brasserie" that looked like a "royal feast" included! Will have more on this later, as I am still on my Year-end Asian Escapade (in Siem Reap now, and off to HKG, the last stop, tomorrow).

Like I said, welcome to HHonors properties in Asia!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014