Hey you DL DM gamers! No more ug class visibility on EF!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heh! The brouhaha just beginning.... Now we'll really see how much value DL SM has for those who have depended on these third-party tools to evaluate UG potentials.

This is a clear policy move from DL hierarchy to eliminate the ability to scout out UG potential prior to purchase - hey you gamers!! DL Corp knows you and what you do! They read FT and MP and other boards to determine the "loopholes" that add value for the "gamers" - like EF inventory.

It's another very clear demonstration of the rationale of SM management - they don't want to compete against OAL with SM. They want to reduce its value even further while continuing to sell SM to affiliate marketers...the shell game can only last as long as consumers perceive value.

You know what it is. Jeff told you, himself... I am not sure why you DL DM gamers wouldn't believe it before. Don't forget, one more thing, these rescissions are all just a prelude to FUBAR. If you can't even find UG availability, you won't care that Jeff will charge 635k SM from PHL to FCO.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do you feel about this?

3. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another poor move on Delta's part without any seeming rationale as to cause or benefit. :oops:

David

jbcarioca and redtailshark like this.
  4. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Mr. Gecko, a good question. As Jeff said, it is - without doubt -

upload_2013-10-18_21-4-40.png MEJOR EN SU CLASE upload_2013-10-18_21-4-48.png

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, I'm an obnoxious pedant!

You're looking for "El mejor en su clase" or "Lo mejor en su clase." As written, your phrasing reads more as "better in its class."

Love ya so much, RTS, I had to put an alert on "635K" just to see each time you post. ¡Besos!

redtailshark and jbcarioca like this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, harvson3! Oddly redtailshark forgot it works the same way in English. Either way, we DL people will be screwed but...as of today DL upgrades as well as all fare classes still appear on ExpertFlyer. I do not know if they'll supress it, but they've not so far. I just used it to good effect securing my own SWU upgrades for tomorrow.

DiverDave likes this.
  7. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Further affirmation that Delta Air Lines is the Wing of Satan.

redtailshark, Flyer1976 and jbcarioca like this.
  8. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe they pulled the medallion upgrade classes, but the upgrade classes for miles/SWUs is still available.

David

9. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Muchas gracias mi amigo.... yo no puedo hablar Espanol pero puedo escuchar y entender un poco. Cada vez que yo voy a LatinoAmérica, un poco más....

Es una vez dicho esto.... parece apropiado para DL SM.

As for 635k - just remember, that wasn't the highest demand of all time. Perhaps we could not even call it * best in class *. I found 670k later and others have reported demands over 700k.