Hey dude at the gym

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why must you douse yourself in AXE in the locker room? Barf, and sneeze.

2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    We don't have that issue at our gym, as everyone seems a bit more mature. However, along with that maturity sometimes comes a loss of any sense of shame/modesty. We've got guys standing around shooting the breeze in the middle of the locker room buck naked. Another guy showers with the door to his stall open. Then you've got the guys who are naked and lean against the sink counter. Like, dude, I know you just showered and you're clean or whatever, but, like, DUDE.

2soonold and edenri like this.
  3. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not to hijack, but I once belonged to a gym that was just like this. They had a sauna in the mens locker room. I would throw on my trunks and go in, I guess protocol though was naked. These old guys would hang out in there and just chit chat. The best were the ones who pulled up lawn chairs, still naked, and just wanted to hang around and talk while you were sitting in the sauna.

4. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why do people have a problem with nudity in the gym locker room?

I shower there some days and while I don't "hang out" longer than needed I have no problem with either being nude or being around nude people.

5. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    No doors on our stalls at all!

6. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    First let me correct myself, I meant the whirlpool not sauna :oops: Yes they would be naked in the sauna, but it just didn't seem as bad.

Its not that I have a problem with nudity, I walked from the shower (no stall) to the locker area no problem and did what I had to do. It was the older guys there. I'm trying to relax in the whirlpool, these guys would pull up chairs to the edge of it to talk to their buddies and anyone else. You try to look up at them to talk but their junk is in right in your face :eek:
    They were cool guys to talk with, just made me want to bust out laughing every time.

7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no problem with nudity, nor am I a prude. I also shower and change there. However, especially at the sinks, there is something to be said for wrapping up in a towel before leaning against the counter.

8. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never use the locker room except when i have to pee. i prefer to shower at home with all my products.

I never see anyone in there either, but i go to the gym around 9 pm.

9. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    This reads to me "nor am I a prude....but where is why I'm a prude" :p

10. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    You say prude, I say I don't want to touch a sink your junk was touching. :D

annerj likes this.
  11. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    :( You haven't even seen my junk.....yet!