Hessischer Hof in Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by JSpira, Jun 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JSpira
    Original Member

JSpira Silver Member

Status Points:
    I finally got around to writing a review of my recent two stays at the Hessischer Hof in Frankfurt.

If the definition of luxury is quiet, discrete but well-executed service, there is no question that the HH is a true luxury hotel. But that's not all it does to qualify. The hotel has more staff members around than any hotel I've ever seen - all to help guests (just in case). Turn around in the lobby and someone is stationed at a strategic point to guide people or answer questions. Sitting at one of the tables in the lobby bar, press the button (!) that says "service" in the center of the table and someone appears. (And then there's the amazing online concierge service, available day and night from any Web browser, but I digress...)

The hotel not only does NOT nickel and dime guests (minibar, Internet are both free) but it invites guests to have a drink in the lobby bar (including the wonderflu Prinz von Hessen wine, from a vineyard owned by the HH's owner) every night.

A few photos below and my complete review is online here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy, TRAVELSIG and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks JSpira for the review- appreciated.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fascinating hotel, thanks for the review and superb insights into this landmark!

JSpira likes this.