Hertz to launch “Movin’ with music” online music store

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by sobore, Aug 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/hertz-to-launch-movin-with-music-online-music-store/

The Hertz Corporation announces the launch of the Hertz Music Store. Part of Hertz’s Movin’ with Music program, the Hertz Music Store, which will be live in mid-August, allows Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members to acquire music from thousands of artists, old and new, online at http://www.hertzmusicstore.com/ To kick off the launch Hertz is offering 3 free song downloads per rental to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members who rents a car through August 31, 2012.

“For Hertz customers, the connection between the open road and great music runs deep,” said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “With the Hertz Music Store, loyal Hertz customers will have a new way to download, for free, the music they love, making their travel experiences even more enjoyable.”

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members* can accumulate 3 free downloads per rental through August 31, 2012. At the end of the month, members will receive an email detailing how to redeem the free songs. The Music Store is the second initiative in Hertz’ Movin’ with Music Program. Earlier this summer Hertz and LiveNation worked together for the “Best Seats Sweepstakes” and, later this year, Hertz plans to introduce Hertz Live Radio which will launch with 3 stations: The Merge – A top 40 station, Route66 – featuring classic rock, and Open Road – playing modern country music.

Read More: http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/hertz-to-launch-movin-with-music-online-music-store/

2. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just registered with the site and it looks like another pretty well half baked idea. No way to associate my username with my Hertz Gold #, and actually no way to associate my "Hertz Music Store" account with my Hertz activity at all. Clicking on the "Help" button brings up a "file not found error".

I can't imagine this idea going too far or too long in an already mature & very competitive area where the iTunes Music Store is #1 probably followed up close behind by Amazon's Music service and a huge collection of wanna-be online music stores.

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, this seems to be the latest fad of everyone getting into the online music thing. In six months the latest fad will be everyone getting out of the online music thing. ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Okay. Here's how the thing apparently works: I did three rentals last month and Hertz sent me an e-mail "awarding" me three song downloads for each of those rentals. The website is still half-baked and half broken (song previews don't like to work for me using my Firefox browser; I was only able to successfully download 4 of 6 songs I purchased -- two credits ended up getting wasted), there's no way to select an album outright (you can only select individual tracks to add to your download "cart"), and it's not clear if the credits carry over from month to month. Oh, and there's no way to send comments or bug reports to Hertz on that particular website.

sobore and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, wow, that will drive me towards more Hertz rentals despite the 30k mile cars I seem to be attracting each time. Can't beat a free (!) song!

6. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

Status Points:
    hertzmusicstore.com now redirects to hertz.com. I'd say this promotion is dead & buried.

sobore likes this.
  7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOL guess I called it in post #3 :p