Hertz Status and miles credit to Airlines

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by Gaucho, Sep 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... Ive been out of the game soo long that Im going back to asking basic dumb questions, so please be patient with me. Do you still get some sort of rental credit that counts towards Hertz status if you choose to get frequent flyer miles for your rentals... I assume that if you want fflyer miles you dont get Hertz status points... or...? Im assuming you gain some level of status with Hertz after X rentals... so perhaps even if I chose miles I can still climb the Hertz status ladder by renting with them all the time... or...?

Thanks,
    Alex

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can get FFP and also climb up the Hertz status ladder by # of rentals.

rwoman, jbcarioca and Gaucho like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gracias Bob..... I guess I will need to get my last couple of rental receipts and do a little audit of my Hertz account.

rwoman and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    Make sure you register here (http://goldplus.hertz.com/Register/?UID=mY35K2Qp&SID=GWR_EM) if you havent done so already to get 500 points and 100 points each rental day until Sep 30.

jbcarioca, rwoman and Gaucho like this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does someone have a link to the T&C of the mileage vs. points option.... Im trying to figure out if I want to keep the Hertz points or just get miles for my rentals..... dont get if the mileage credit is a flat rate or if its revenue based. Thanks.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here si the link, but it dopes not give you any useful information about the tradeoffs.http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emember/join/overview.do?learnMore=all

I find the Hertz points are more valuable so long as I use them for rental days. Otherwise it is better to have the airline miles. The Hertz miles pay off quickly when you use them for Prestige Collection or large vehicles, as i recall you do, Gaucho. Obviously YMMV.

Quasiconvexity and Gaucho like this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gracias !!!!

jbcarioca and Quasiconvexity like this.