Hertz Rentals Introduces New Green Addition to Portfolio

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by sobore, May 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travel-news.co.uk/3982/2012/05/hertz-rentals-introduces-new-green-addition-to-portfolio/

Hertz Global Holdings, a US-based car rental company that offers its services around the world, is offering a new addition to its Green Traveler Collection.
    The Green Traveler Collection offers clean diesel vehicles for rental, as part of the company’s policy of moving to a greener portfolio.

The company, the first of the car rental companies to offer electric vehicles, will be adding the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI clean diesel vehicle to its collection, a car that is currently available for rent in the US.

Mark P Frissora, the company chairman and chief executive officer, said, ‘Hertz has one of the largest, most fuel-efficient fleets in the industry with 68 percent of our cars getting 30 MPGs or better. With the addition of the Jetta TDI Clean Diesel, Hertz’s Green Traveler Collection has an average fuel efficiency of 58MPGs, providing travellers with a variety of cars that are fuel-efficient and that use clean, low-emission technology. Smart mobility rental choices are an integral part of Hertz’s sustainability strategy to reduce the environmental impacts of driving, without compromising convenience or customer needs.’

Read More: http://www.travel-news.co.uk/3982/2012/05/hertz-rentals-introduces-new-green-addition-to-portfolio/

uggboy likes this.
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    what MPG does this car get? is diesel more expensive in Euroworld as well? I'd rather retain the green in my wallet than having to pay extra for this car class or fuel

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great news. The Jetta TDI is a blast to drive, and a nice change of pace from the run of the mill Nissan Altimas that i've been getting.