Hertz Promotions and Codes

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by krusty, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. krusty
    Original Member

krusty Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. gomike
    Original Member

gomike Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two of my favorite CDP

Hertz CDP Code 1757580 Car and Driver Magazine
    Hertz CDP Code 1813168 Car and Truck Magazine

3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    PC# 144314 takes off the Under 25 fee

4. AutoSlash

AutoSlash Z Representative

Status Points:
    Here's another one...

Hertz CDP Code 1789649 - Travel and Leisue Golf Magazine

Travelsavant and jackal like this.
  5. LAXNRT
    Original Member

LAXNRT Silver Member

Status Points:
    PC 152773 $50 off monthly rental

6. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's amazing that they always seem to have that code active..therefore, why bother having the age differential at all?

7. Vik Murthy
    Original Member

Vik Murthy Silver Member

Status Points:
    This isn't exactly a code, but just wanted to share that I put in a couple of lowball bids on Priceline today and both of them were accepted by Hertz. The first was $20/day + tax/fees for a 4-day rental ($133 all-in) in San Francisco in late April . The second was $15/day + tax/fees for a 3-day rental ($79 all-in) in Charleston over Memorial Day Weekend.

Based on a sample size of two (YMMV), it appears that Hertz might be discounting some of its inventory rather aggressively. I'm actually kicking myself for not bidding even lower.

joesmoe likes this.
  8. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    You have to know to enter it and IME it doesn't seem to automatically work too often. I usually have to point out to the car return person that they didn't apply it. One time someone made a comment to me that if you get an upgrade it gets negated (though they applied it anyway). Sometimes the person with the mobile handheld check-in gadget can remove it and sometimes they punt to the counter for whatever random reason. I don't typically budget time for the queue at the counter so I just let it go and go get on my flight home.

joesmoe, Gaucho and The Boat like this.
  9. Vik Murthy
    Original Member

Vik Murthy Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another great tool with hertz is having AAA price match from a competitor. For example, I was able to receive a CTS for $21/day because Alamo was offering it for that cheap, and then AAA pulled a price match.

And the perks just roll on...

11. AutoSlash

Status Points:
    Hertz has this new PC code (155341) for President's Weekend. It takes up to 40% off. It's pretty good if you fall within the window (weekend rental through 4/30/11).

Unlike a typical PC code which works with your CDP, this one will override the CDP, meaning you cannot get a CDP discount and then the PC discount on top of it. It's basically one or the other.

If you have an upcoming weekend rental, it's worth re-pricing with this PC to see if there are any savings available to you.

Jonathan
    AutoSlash.com
    We automatically slash your rental rates!

joesmoe likes this.
  12. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for this---but has anyone had luck with it? I tried it for upcoming rentals at LAX and Aus, neither location accepted it, according to the website. * and yes, my rentals were within that time.

13. Sorry, it actually expired on Monday (2/21). I should have mentioned that in my original post (as AutoSlash). The best overall PC (coupon code) right now is 152213. It takes $5 per day off (up to $35), and you can stack it with a CDP code.

Also keep in mind that in some cases, adding a PC code to a CDP code will actually increase the rate as opposed to reducing it. You should always check CDP codes first, and then try them with and without various PC codes.

This is a little inside tip. It goes without saying that when you book with AutoSlash.com, we automatically figure out which combination of CDP/PC codes will yield the lowest rates.

mizwada and jackal like this.
  14. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hertz Drive for $5

From April 24 to June 12, 2011, Hertz is offering incredible one-way rates out of Florida — as little as $5/day! Plus, we make it incredibly easy. Just pick up your vehicle at any Hertz location in Florida, and drive to a wide variety of locations, as far away as Maine and Arizona or as close as Georgia.

Drive out of Florida for as little as $5/day.
    To make reservations by phone, call 1-800-654-3131 and be sure to reference RQ code "DRV5".

Enjoy these benefits with your Hertz one-way rental:
    Unlimited mileage
    NO drop-off fees
    Wide variety of pickup and drop-off locations

Your one-way rental out of Florida offers savings and convenience. Leave on your own time, and skip the hassle and cost of air travel. Take the scenic route, and make it a road trip to remember. Or, if you’re moving, drive out the last of your belongings after the moving van has taken the rest. No matter where you’re going, you can travel in comfort with Hertz.

*Only $5/day (up to 14 days) on Economy & Compact cars. Check out our other great rates on larger car classes, Intermediate through Full-Size. Valid at participating corporate locations. Locations are subject to change.

15. Same deal for one-way rentals out of AZ from from 3/27/11 through 5/31/11 to California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington. Use same 'DRV5' Rate Quote.

flyingdawg likes this.
  16. krusty
    Original Member

krusty Silver Member

Status Points:
    Get away with a Weekend Rental of 3 days or longer with PC# 155606 and get double Hertz #1 Awards® Points and $20 off, now through May 31, 2011. Use your Points for Free Rental Days, upgrades and more!

Quasiconvexity and Casey Friday like this.
  17. dogcrazy
    Original Member

dogcrazy Silver Member

Status Points:
  18. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen a lot of free gold, but any free 5*?

19. Thank for the car and driver code - 1757580. I recently discovered even a better code with insurance included - CDP 1911795. Generic travel and incentive. Keep in mind you can sign up for free #1 gold status via http://link.hertz.com/link.html?id=5021980&LinkType=CBLK This is much better than ones you have to enter bapgold stuff.

Vera.br likes this.
  20. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    With my family travel, I like the AAA codes as I get a free car seat for my little one instead of having to bring my own. That alone save around $50 and the aggravation of carrying a car seat on the plane.

When I am traveling for a business, I like to use my travel agent code due to being an accredited travel agent. I usually get 20-30% off plus whatever promotions plus the commission.

21. Best discount code is Hertz retiree code 40% off 208890.

Christian Martinez likes this.
  22. AutoSlash

Status Points:
    I'm guessing that a 25 year old showing up on that CDP might be challenged. :)

23. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day. Do you have to be over a certain age?

24. AutoSlash

Status Points:
    Well I think the key thing is that you have to be retired from Hertz to officially use this CDP. That might be more of a sticking point than the age part. :)

Gaucho likes this.
  25. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day. Thanks.

Gaucho likes this.