Hertz President Circle Benefits

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by MyMiles&Points, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If you're new to 5* or PC, don't forget to call Hertz as soon as you hit 10 or 40 rentals and ask for a complimentary upgrade to 5* or PC status instead of waiting until the next spring for the upgrade to happen automatically.

I find the "Guaranteed" upgrade to be a very hit or miss. At a recent airport, "But that car is a standard class car and I should be in a full size car."
    "Sir, your reservation is for a standard and you're in a standard car."
    "But as a PC, shouldn't my guaranteed one-car class upgrade place me in a full size car?"
    "Well, that car is a type of upgrade . . .an upgraded standard instead of a basic standard." [​IMG]

Lighthouse, jbcarioca and LAXNRT like this.
  2. LAXNRT
    Original Member

LAXNRT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same experience here with some stations where I always get an upgrade and nice car (LAX) to stations where I always get what I booked (ORD). A lot of HLE stations do not care about status at all. I had HLE stations where I was told that I had no status and they woulnd't care anyway. I hope that consistency of benefits improves, not sure if competitors are actually doing better from what I heard.

jbcarioca and MyMiles&Points like this.
  3. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've found geniuely that the only status that matters is Plat..

jbcarioca and MyMiles&Points like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had the same thing happen. I got a Toyota Matrix for a standard in Miami. They told me it was an upgrade. I was not going far so I ignored it.

In Europe, specifically France, Germany and Latvia I have had good upgrades every time. MB E-class reserved C-class. New BMW 520, reserved compact, etc.

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  5. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    PC is the worlds most useless "status"

Lighthouse likes this.
  6. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And 5* is somehow better???

7. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is generally useful to me. Online complaint form filled, and a 25$ coupon in the mail a few weeks later. The main challenge for me is the 'upgrade' from say C to YC :\

8. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha! I have much worse, trust me. It is useful for the guaranteed rental. I have only used that once, but it was *very* useful.

9. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I hate hassling with them...saying a Camry with no leather, NL or SiriusXM is an upgrade over an Impala. It's the reason I'm glad I don't deal with that anymore. I was paying $10-$35 each time to upgrade to something better...I do about 30 rentals a year so it adds up. Paying the Annual fee to Plat is worth it if you have spent money on upgrades.

10. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even though I sometimes have had no upgrade, as I posted above I just had an upgrade from a Compact to a MB GLK in Miami last week. I'll be there again is a few days and will be curious to see what happens. I mostly rent in Brazil and Europe and have very good experiences in both .

11. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had some minor issues renting on Orlando!!! That's the only airport they insist on avoiding the upgrades issue!!!

12. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I status matched to PC to give Hertz a try. I got the same ridiculous treatment of a guaranteed upgrade that was not an upgrade in Lihue. I make a point of being polite but the unfriendly staff surprised me.

Fortunately I made a backup reservation at Avis. They were friendly, cheaper and immediately upgraded me to a new Lincoln.

A business model where you charge more than your competitors and treat your loyal customers poorly seems like a good short to me.