Hertz points or United miles

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by dream7, Jan 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like Hertz is offering 3x points for the first quarter. Does it pay to collect the points or 1,250 United miles per rental?

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do you get 1,250 UA miles per rental?

I find it hard to get a ton of value for the Hertz points, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. If you were going to end up with something like 20K UA miles from your rental patterns and 3K Hertz points, might pick the UA miles...

3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are a United Platinum or 1K

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/products/travelproducts/car/pages/hertzoffer.aspx

upload_2015-1-8_8-26-47.png

4. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hertz points do add up and are great for daily or weekly rentals of large cars . . .

dhammer53 likes this.
  5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have enough for a 4-day weekend rental at the low rates. When I tried to book for a 4 day weekend reward, the most it will give me is a 2 day rental and 2 days paid, which makes the rental about what I'd pay at Alamo (because Hertz rates are pretty stupid expensive in most markets, though I do sometimes find deals)... so I find the points pretty useless. Is there some sort of secret, other than Hertz's site is made by brain-damaged howler monkeys that can't figure out my point balance?

Also, I've had locations reject my one day rental at double points, even though I HAVE the double points. Isn't the point of being able to pay double to have last car availability? Or is this some kind of "well, we SAY you can pay double points, but in the fine print, we can make it so you must pay cash" shenanigan?

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  6. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never had a problem. Just call them.